View Poll Results: POLL: How many people actually have mechanical issues with their Rockwoods
I bought a newer (2012+) Rockwood and had significant warranty work 18 15.38%
I bought a newer (2012+) Rockwood and had issues but nothing I couldn't fix myself 27 23.08%
I bought a newer (2012+) Rockwood and have had no significant issues at all 57 48.72%
I bought an older model (2012 or older) Rockwood and had significant warranty work 3 2.56%
I bought an older model (2012 or older) Rockwood and had issues but nothing I couldn't fix myself 7 5.98%
I bought an older model (2012 or older) Rockwood and have had no significant issues at all 9 7.69%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-11-2016, 08:50 AM   #41

Bought a 2012 MiniLite 2304 new from our local dealer. When new had an
issue with the shore power cable not getting power to the trailer during a camping trip. Hired a Mobile Tech who was authorized to fix FR products. FR authorized the repairs. Fixed and no further troubles.
Went to the Goshen, IN FROG Rally in 2015 and were embarrassed because:
"We didn't have anything that needed fixing".
This after putting more than 30,000 miles, 38 States & 2 Canadian Provinces on the trailer in 4 years. After an International FROG Rally
experience in Goshen, Indiana I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING BUT FOREST RIVER PRODUCTS EVER !!!

Old 08-11-2016, 02:57 PM   #42
Wanna Be Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by strider_gts View Post
This is actually really encouraging. I've yet to hear about the forest river warranty department ever giving anyone a hard time or fighting them over necessary repair requests.
It seems end users have a better experience (some times) with Rckwood / Flagstaff than the dealers do. We went looking earlier this year for a Flagstaff 8528IKWS or the Rockwood equivalent and the 3 dealers in the area have all stopped carrying Rockwood / Flagstaff units. When I talked to the owner at one dealership I mentioned how we were very happy with our unit and praised FR for the things they do like the Goshen Rally and he basically said "too bad dealers don't get treated like customers do" and then went on and explained that he had to buy back 5 units last year due to poor build quality in various areas, one unit on it's maiden trip was in a rain storm and the interior was flooded and yet FR took almost 6 months to authorize repair work on the unit while the customer had no RV. Some units he said FR refused warranty despite proof it was their responsibility.

That being said we have been quite happy with our V-Lite other than a few small issues and the one larger issue in that they cut the holes for the slide outs wrong and pretty much offered me lip service on the issue (I fixed it by buying a 1 inch wider wiper seal and installing it although it is my opinion they should have replaced the wall). I will say this lower mid level Flagstaff is a much better built trailer than my nephew's 60k Open Range 5ver, that thing is a real POS and has been since the day it followed them home.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
Days Camped 2013: 16 2014: 5 2015: 3
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 11:29 PM   #43

We have a 2016 Rockwood Roo 23WS. Picked it up in Ohio and immediately took it on a 2,500m trek across 6 states. Tried everything from full hook-up to boondocking with the Honda generators. All kinds of weather too. First time RV'ers so we did a ton of research, brought a pick-up truck full of stuff to move-in and then there was a lot to learn along the way. We had absolutely no problems with the Roo. It was a fabulous adventure!

Our biggest challenge was getting solid info before-hand so we could figure out what we needed for RV supplies, cabin organization, etc. We were buying wholesale via the Internet and didn't have a nearby dealer. The manual is far too vague and the specs lack detail (such as whether it was 30 or 50 amp). I think that's the case with every RV though. I will add that almost every time we thought we might need an RV add-on (such as vent covers, furnace, water filter, tent fans, HD Antenna, etc.) this 2016 TT already had it! It's extremely well appointed for a unit selling for under $20K. We are absolutely delighted!
Old 09-08-2016, 01:12 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTrails8888 View Post
We have a 2016 Rockwood Roo 23WS. Picked it up in Ohio and immediately took it on a 2,500m trek across 6 states. Tried everything from full hook-up to boondocking with the Honda generators. All kinds of weather too. First time RV'ers so we did a ton of research, brought a pick-up truck full of stuff to move-in and then there was a lot to learn along the way. We had absolutely no problems with the Roo. It was a fabulous adventure!
Boy that is good to hear! We are picking up our 2906WS at the end of the month and then immediately going on a 2500 mile adventure as well =) I'm glad to hear that that went great for you!

Is there anything you wished you would have known ahead of time that you know now?
Old 09-08-2016, 01:55 PM   #45

(QUOTE) We got our 2016 WindJammer 3001W new in October in Texas and have full-timed since. We are scheduled to take the trailer to the factory next month on our way back from touring the east coast. The floor has begun to sag in places and the depressions are getting worse. They will have to lift everything off and replace the whole floor assembly. While there I'll have them replace a kitchen faucet that never worked right and weld a bar on the bedroom steps that was never right. I had no trouble scheduling the repair, much to my relief. I had one small warranty repair to the water pump in May and had no trouble getting that done either. Until the floor started collapsing I was very satisfied and I will continue to be a satisfied customer assuming Rockwood makes it right."

We just picked up our 2012 from the factory for the same issue. We could not be more pleased. We had a few other little things - water heater only worked on gas, etc. They fixed that at no charge and went through EVERYTHING. They replaced: water pump due to a leak, outside light and trim ring, outside shower, put new catch latches on all the outside compartments, put on a new water heater door, replaced the floor of the slide, put on a new outside kitchen door (with slam latches - man those are nice!l), put on new switches for the electric jacks, put in a new tailight, replaced the water fill cap and trim ring, all new seals for the slideout, replaced the broken door on the breaker box, replaced all the skirting, replaced a fender, caulked everythung, checked the roof, did a leak test, did a propane test, checked the tires and sent us on our way. Did I mention all of this, including the brand new floor, was no charge? If you have issues, bypass your dealer and call Deb Rimsa at Forest River.
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 03:03 PM   #46

Probably the most encouraging thing is hearing so many people say that Forest River has been great to work with on repairs, even if specific dealers aren't.
Old 09-11-2016, 05:22 PM   #47
Riverss

We took delivery of our new Rockwood Signature ultra lite 8299BS in Feb 2016 and really like it a lot BUT when we got back from our last trip i noticed that the refrigerator had broken loose from its place at the bottom and the wall on the side broke loose.i can not see where any fasteners other than a few staples were used and no adhesive at all. there were very little stuff in it so weight was not an issue. the clothes rack that is in the closet also came loose and fell on the floor. a few staples and no screws or glue here either. light fixture over the island fell out but was an easy fix. added insulated ducts in the rear top and sides of the refrigerator to help channel the air out the top vent.have to wait 2 weeks to be able to get to a repair place to fix the frig it is above my pay grade lol can hardly wait
Basenji back seat copilot named Lilly
riverss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 11:34 PM   #48

I agree with Trudinator - if you can deal with Debra at the warranty department you will get great service. It might pay to contact them while on the road away from the dealer but non-filltimers may have trouble pulling that off. UPDATE: Our 2016 WindJammer 3001 was repaired at the factory. They replaced the entire floor assembly and used better materials - 5/8-inch plywood instead of the original laminate. They also replaced broken steps assembly, bad kitchen faucet, broken cabinet door hinge and a window shade that had a broken string. All at no charge though our storage, motel and transportation came out of our pockets. I am very pleased with the service we got. Deb even asked if we wanted to choose the linoleum since the original was out of stock and we are glad we did.
Full-Time since 10/29/15
Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 09:15 PM   #49
Dazed & Confused

No real issues with the actual trailer itself, but the Dometic DM2652 refrigerator is a piece of crap!
M&K Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 09:30 PM   #50

We hate are dometic

Tags
rockwood

« 8295WS | 1st Timer »