View Poll Results: POLL: How many people actually have mechanical issues with their Rockwoods
I bought a newer (2012+) Rockwood and had significant warranty work 15 15.79%
I bought a newer (2012+) Rockwood and had issues but nothing I couldn't fix myself 21 22.11%
I bought a newer (2012+) Rockwood and have had no significant issues at all 48 50.53%
I bought an older model (2012 or older) Rockwood and had significant warranty work 2 2.11%
I bought an older model (2012 or older) Rockwood and had issues but nothing I couldn't fix myself 4 4.21%
I bought an older model (2012 or older) Rockwood and have had no significant issues at all 8 8.42%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-14-2016, 10:52 PM   #51

We bought a new 2014 Windjammer 3001w and have had very few issues up until earlier this year when the roof membrane separated from the roof wood at the front. It balloons up like an old convertible top on a car when going down the highway. Still in the shop after a month, arguing with the insurance that it is wind damage. Other than that, which is pretty major, I had a loose wire on the front AC thermostat which made it work/not work intermittently. I pulled off the thermostat and found the wire had come out of the crimped connector. Reattached it and no problem.

D_B Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 12:19 AM   #52

Poor workmanship and quality is my biggest complaint.

Old 09-15-2016, 11:06 AM   #53

We bought our 2012 Rockwood 2701SS this spring and have had no major problems with it.

We've been campering since 2006 and I'm used to the generally shoddy construction of RVs by now; this one is no exception. But we still like it a lot!
www.restcure.ca

illegitimi non carborundum
Restcure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 11:13 AM   #54

It seems like that's our only choice. (shoddy workmanship). Maybe an Airstream but I hear of problems there also. If I ever find a really well designed and well made with quality stuff, I'll buy it. That's probably an oxymoron in this business however. I would welcome anyone's recommendation.
Old 09-15-2016, 12:33 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restcure View Post
We bought our 2012 Rockwood 2701SS this spring and have had no major problems with it.

We've been campering since 2006 and I'm used to the generally shoddy construction of RVs by now; this one is no exception. But we still like it a lot!

I guess my hope is that Rockwood are at least one of the better constructed travel trailers. At least they have 6 sided vacuum bonded laminate. Even finding something like that is pretty rare for travel trailers.
Old 09-16-2016, 11:30 PM   #56

Just got our 2017 MiniLite 2506s back from the shop. It's been there since Aug 3rd for warranty work. Our outdoor kitchen fridge was not operating correctly and had to be replaced. The antenna booster turned on once and then stopped working. The electrical outlet mounted on the bathroom sink cabinet was installed incorrectly and just caved in when we plugged something into it. All repairs were covered under warranty and we had great service from our dealer, Gauthier's RV in Lafayette, LA. While it was in the shop, we had a Maxxair vent cover installed in the bedroom. We did have an issue with our electric water heater while on our 19 day trip to Niagara Falls this past July. For some reason it stopped working after several days. We pressed the resets with no results. It worked fine on gas, but not on electric. The tech turned the switch off and on a few times on the water heater unit and said he had no problems (we also have a switch inside the camper which we use instead of going outside and turning that switch on and off). They did note that the switch maybe defective for future reference. One more thing that was not mechanical: our unit had a lazy Susan under the sink. Three of the four screws which secured it to the floor came out during our trip. We had them remove it totally and plan to build shelves for storage. The lazy Susan was not practical at all -- things on the shelves just slid right off!
30 days camped; 19 day trip to Niagara Falls
GeauxCajuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 01:34 AM   #57

This week I found the microwave was not installed in the mounting frame properly The left side screws were not screwed into anything and worked their way out.. Easy fix to center the microwave and run screws where they belong. Just poor workmanship. Found the same issue with the gas detector. Used sheet rock screws to secure it.

Tags
rockwood