Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

View Poll Results: POLL: How many people actually have mechanical issues with their Rockwoods
I bought a newer (2012+) Rockwood and had significant warranty work 18 15.00%
I bought a newer (2012+) Rockwood and had issues but nothing I couldn't fix myself 29 24.17%
I bought a newer (2012+) Rockwood and have had no significant issues at all 58 48.33%
I bought an older model (2012 or older) Rockwood and had significant warranty work 3 2.50%
I bought an older model (2012 or older) Rockwood and had issues but nothing I couldn't fix myself 7 5.83%
I bought an older model (2012 or older) Rockwood and have had no significant issues at all 9 7.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-22-2016, 03:06 PM   #21

We have had 2 Rockwoods new (2010 8313ss & 2015 3029w) and have not had major issues with either one. Would definitely buy another if the need arose!
walljammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 04:22 PM   #22

Location: Full timer,,,at Lake Georgetown in central Texas for the winter.
2014 Windjammer 3029W....no problems other than the water pump went out and it was covered under our extended warranty. Oh, ya,,,,,I had to replace that small slide-up window in the dining slide......wish it was warranty,,,but ya can't claim warranty with a rock from a mower.
Grampa Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 08:44 PM   #23

Send a message via Skype™ to pontiacdan45
Our's is a 2015, delivered in 2014. We have had very little that needed adjustment. We just returned from a week in Wisconsin and ol'Betsy performed as expected.

2015 Rockwood Signature Ultra-Lite 8289 ws
2015 GMC Crew Cab 2500HD Gas:
pontiacdan45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 12:24 AM   #24

I can't stress enough how helpful it is to see this many positive stories. So rarely do people show up to forums just to say that everything is going as expected

I should have included our Flagstaff siblings as well in the poll now that I think if it.

Hopefully this will be as helpful for someone else as it has been for me.
strider_gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 09:11 AM   #25

We have a Flaggstaff 28RK 5th wheel, 2015 model year. Ours did not spend a day in the shop primarily because our dealer was over an hour and a half away and were very hard to work with. We had 3 warranty issues that combined would have taken our dealer over 6 months to fix simply because of scheduling, they are a small shop. So, I fixed them myself. Our issues were quite simple, a bad 110 volt switch, bad shower faucet, bad air bed, easy stuff but they did not have time to fix them so to schedule we had to wait 4 to 6 weeks on all three. Since then we have been constantly fixing little things, but of course that's the nature of owning an RV. We have many friends with RVs and all report the same. It's an industry issue and we are all mixed into this industry that does not seem to care about how they build these coaches.
tahoe1840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 05:03 PM   #26

I have a 2015 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2608WS TT that I purchased new in March 2016 and I am unhappy to say I have had *major* issues with the coach since I did the walk thru at the time of purchase. I have had it back to the dealer at least once a month, often 2-3 times a month since I brought it home in March. I just went on a week long camping trip a week ago and the microwave died mid-week. The dealer now has to order a new microwave and I am hoping it will be in before I leave for my next week long camping trip 2 weeks from today. I have a list almost a mile long of cosmetic issues that need to be fixed on the camper, and I also have issues that need to be fixed that are more pressing but not an emergency. I am very, very disappointed with how many problems I am having with the new TT (this is my first brand new camper, I've always owned pre-owned before with NO trouble) and am considering speaking with an attorney to see if I have any options after buying what seems to be a lemon. The problems range from the seams on the roof not having been sealed properly to the sofa sleeper being defective and it could not be locked in the upright position to the front door leaking to the toilet having to be replaced before I ever took the camper off the lot to the table laying in pieces inside the coach at the time of walk thru and it needing to be repaired to the stove vent having been siliconed shut by FR during production... and the list goes on.
kittlecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 06:14 PM   #27

Bought ours new. Had a gear pack go bad on the dining room slide is the only mechanical problem I had. FR provided the gear pack, I did the repair, out of service 3 days waiting for the part. Had an oe tire go bad replaced all five. Both happened in the first year.
PhoneDude 8289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 07:24 PM   #28

We got our 2016 WindJammer 3001W new in October in Texas and have full-timed since. We are scheduled to take the trailer to the factory next month on our way back from touring the east coast. The floor has begun to sag in places and the depressions are getting worse. They will have to lift everything off and replace the whole floor assembly. While there I'll have them replace a kitchen faucet that never worked right and weld a bar on the bedroom steps that was never right. I had no trouble scheduling the repair, much to my relief. I had one small warranty repair to the water pump in May and had no trouble getting that done either. Until the floor started collapsing I was very satisfied and I will continue to be a satisfied customer assuming Rockwood makes it right.
Full-Time since 10/29/15
Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 09:53 PM   #29

We have a 8280 5er with no major problems . The only problem that we had was the radio had no sound at low volume . Dealer took care of it .
campingbaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 07:12 PM   #30

So so far it looks like you've got about a 15% chance you'll end up in the shop with major warranty issues. (Based on this small sample size). I'm curious how this would compare to other brands, or Forest River's official numbers. I'm sure they know the exact numbers of how many come back for major repairs.

You know, if it was any higher they would never make any money on these.
Old 07-27-2016, 11:42 PM   #31

Nothing we couldn't tweak or fix. Too much hassle to have to haul it to the dealer for every little annoyance. That being said... our floor is failing abd ut us going back to the factory next month for a new one.
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 03:47 AM   #32

Just minor stuff. Water tank. Nearly fell out, ac wired wrong. scare lights failed. Heater ignition failed. Stapled drawer bottoms fell out. Frig door fell off etc .. fixed myself. Bad vent. Got it solid after 2 years.
Old 07-28-2016, 04:02 AM   #33

Looking at the results from 2012 and newer it sure looks like about 33% or so of new Rockwoods have issues. Many on this forum will say thats an acceptable percentage and then offer up a hundred excuses why. The components are not made by Forest River, its a house going down the road, the buyer is unreasonable, the expectations are too high..............yada yada yada............

IMO 33% having had issues is way too high of a number, and I don't believe the percentage is that low. I'd bet a lot of people who don't even own a Rockwood took a long sip of the kool aid and clicked choice #3 because they can not bring themselves to admit Forest River has a few minor problems with QC.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 04:02 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
Just minor stuff. Water tank. Nearly fell out, ac wired wrong. scare lights failed. Heater ignition failed. Stapled drawer bottoms fell out. Frig door fell off etc .. fixed myself. Bad vent. Got it solid after 2 years.
Too Tall....how was your AC wired wrong?
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 11:23 AM   #35
New to Forest River

New 2014 Rockwood Ultralite 2703WS

Had to replace 2 slide actuators and the electric tongue jack.

A support for lower flashing on the right front side came loose and the wind from towing caused the panel to pull loose requiring replacement of the panel.

The hole on the right hand side for manually extending the kitchen slide was installed about 4" too far back which made it impossible to use manual extension tool.

All of the above covered by warranty. Glad I opted for the one year warranty extension.

I use the EZ lube hub feature and paid $600 to replace brakes due grease leakage at the seal. I was very careful to follow the directions for use very carefully but got leakage anyway. It's much cheaper to DIY or have the dealer do it.
Roving Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 08:29 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
Too Tall....how was your AC wired wrong?
Sorry for the late reply, ha. They had a couple of wires in the ceiling unit crossed. Don't remember the details but when I put the unit on low cool, only the compressor would run. When I called the dealer, he told me, well there's so little difference between low and hi fan, I wouldn't worry about it. I ended up pulling the thermostat and ohm ing the wire as the colors from the thermostat were not the same going into the ceiling which complicated things. But i got it. Have since install a time delay on the low fan size.
Old 08-03-2016, 10:06 AM   #37

I had some minor issues that I fixed myself pretty easily:

- Crooked Cabinet Doors
- Slide out of alignment
- A-Frame jack buttons were both torn

I also has some MAJOR problems with the front cap. They apparently "forgot" to put the bolsters behind the front cap to keep it from sagging. I was getting strange dents in the front cap and apon inspection the Forest River rep discovered the bolsters missing. They had remove the entire front cap, install the bolsters and reinstall the cap. The Forest River warranty guys were AWESOME. Man did they go out of their way to get things worked and fixed. The dealer I bought my trailer front, their service dept left some things to be desired but that's fine, they got it done.

Over all I'm still really happy with our trailer. We have had it since February and used it more in the past 7 months than we had used our old 5th wheel in the past 3 years.
Old 08-03-2016, 12:02 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloNDark View Post
The Forest River warranty guys were AWESOME. Man did they go out of their way to get things worked and fixed.

This is actually really encouraging. I've yet to hear about the forest river warranty department ever giving anyone a hard time or fighting them over necessary repair requests.
Old 08-04-2016, 07:25 PM   #39

We had a number of issues with our 2906ws after the first trip. Nothing terribly serious, and the dealer could fix them all easily -- except when the fridge decided to start smoking while they were doing the final check before giving it back to us. Had to send it back to Dometic and install a whole new fridge.

Sure glad that happened at the dealer...
Old 08-11-2016, 08:26 AM   #40

I just got our 2013 2604WS back from the dealer yesterday. The front cap was replaced for the second time (under warranty) for fiberglass delamination. I hope third time is the charm. Our frameless windows are failing. The glass is separating from the attaching bars and the black trim is blistering and flaking off on several windows. We love the floorplan and have no desire to sell the trailer, but it would be nice to have fewer issues that will eventually impact resale opportunities..
Huzzard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood