View Poll Results: POLL: How many people actually have mechanical issues with their Rockwoods
I bought a newer (2012+) Rockwood and had significant warranty work 15 15.79%
I bought a newer (2012+) Rockwood and had issues but nothing I couldn't fix myself 21 22.11%
I bought a newer (2012+) Rockwood and have had no significant issues at all 48 50.53%
I bought an older model (2012 or older) Rockwood and had significant warranty work 2 2.11%
I bought an older model (2012 or older) Rockwood and had issues but nothing I couldn't fix myself 4 4.21%
I bought an older model (2012 or older) Rockwood and have had no significant issues at all 8 8.42%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-21-2016, 02:14 PM   #1

POLL: How many people actually have mechanical issues with their Rockwoods

Everywhere you look online regarding travel trailers makes it sound like the process for buying a travel trailer involves picking it up from the dealer, and then spending 6 months in the shop getting it fixed.

Knowing that the internet (and message-boards in particular) can bias toward overemphasizing catastrophes, and people who have good experiences rarely come back to talk about it, I though it would be good to know how many people REALLY have had significant warranty work with their Rockwoods.

Old 07-21-2016, 02:21 PM   #2

I owned a used 04 and have a 2012 since new and I have had nothing major happen with my Rockwood to use the warranty,and many friends that haven't had anything worth discussion either and their Rockwoods.

Sorry i am no help with finding out warranty issues and Rockwoods.

Old 07-21-2016, 02:32 PM   #3

Mine sat at dealer for nearly 3 months for leaking slide. I went to pick it up because they had not even looked at it. Had several things happen to it, I just fixed them myself. Mind you that during PDI they fixed a half a dozen things in an hour.
They even took parts off another unit to fix it that day!

2016 Ford F250 XLT 4X4 6.2L
2015 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329SS
Hensley Arrow
Nights camping in 2016: 19 nights
Miles traveled in 2016: 2,575
uhduh camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 02:34 PM   #4

poll doesn't allow for minor warranty repairs

My Rockwood 2604WS had a problem with the front door not closing properly into the door opening. Dealer took 2 tries, but finally removed and re-installed the entire door frame in the side wall of the trailer. That's been the only problem, but one I couldn't fix myself. However, I don't feel this fits the category of major warranty repairs.

Should there be a poll option for something between "fix it myself" and "major warranty"?
Old 07-21-2016, 10:26 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbdavey View Post

Should there be a poll option for something between "fix it myself" and "major warranty"?

That's probably a good idea. I don't think I can change it now though? I'd call that a minor issue though. It just seems like so many RV owners have had to send their new trailers to the shop for months on end... but I'm hoping that those are the exception and not the rule!
Old 07-21-2016, 11:17 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by strider_gts View Post

Everywhere you look online regarding travel trailers makes it sound like the process for buying a travel trailer involves picking it up from the dealer, and then spending 6 months in the shop getting it fixed.

Knowing that the internet (and message-boards in particular) can bias toward overemphasizing catastrophes, and people who have good experiences rarely come back to talk about it, I though it would be good to know how many people REALLY have had significant warranty work with their Rockwoods.
Go read the Chevy Traverse forum. You'll think the same thing about Traverses!

Forums by nature attract people with problems. People without problems have very little use for a forum.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 11:47 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
Forums by nature attract people with problems. People without problems have very little use for a forum.
That's my theory as well and I'm trying to confirm it here as well (I'm being hopeful basically)

There was a similar experiment on the HTC Vive forums (Virtual reality headset). It just seemed like everyone was having such horrible problems with their headsets and then someone ran a poll to see how many people actually had problems and it turned out that the vast majority of people didn't have any problems whatsoever.
Old 07-22-2016, 12:15 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by strider_gts View Post
That's my theory as well and I'm trying to confirm it here as well (I'm being hopeful basically)

There was a similar experiment on the HTC Vive forums (Virtual reality headset). It just seemed like everyone was having such horrible problems with their headsets and then someone ran a poll to see how many people actually had problems and it turned out that the vast majority of people didn't have any problems whatsoever.
Keep in mind that whatever results you get will be skewed because of the very fact we're discussing - that people without problems aren't on the forum and won't see your poll.

So if your poll results are "positive," that's probably a good result we can believe, but if they are "negative," we don't really know the answer.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 06:11 AM   #9

I have a 2604ws that's coming up on a year old. We're taking it next week to have a list of minor things taken care of before warranty runs out. The two biggest things are; The slam door doesn't lock -- when the lock is engaged, you're can just give it a tug and it opens. Also the awning is coming out of the track for about 4" on one side. Oh, and the big slide started a funny noise the last in and out cycle... want that checked.

We have about 30 nights in it, been pretty good so far.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD SRW
2015 - 36 nights
2016 - 47 nights
LandJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 06:48 AM   #10
Moderators' Assistant

We've had our Rockwood Roo for almost 10 years now and we had some issues in the first 2 warranty years that were fixed.
Since then, we've had no issues.
So I'd buy another Rockwood/Flagstaff in a heartbeat.

'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood