Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2013, 02:45 PM   #21
CRZ

Thanks, I'll try it and report back in 2 weeks.
CRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 05:26 PM   #22
Paul & Sheri

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgarbo View Post
I also have the genesis unit in our 2012 tt. Cant hardly get local stations. Lots of static. Thought our tec. was way past that. I plug in my phone, Samsung s3, to the genesis and listen to Iheart radio which gives me all the local stations plus anything else I care to listen to. Problem solved, kinda. Anyway its a free app. and i'm sure ther are a lot more out there.

That's an option but where I camp there's usually no cell service. If there were, without unlimited data it would be very expensive.
2004 T@B T-16
pwb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 01:24 PM   #23
AKA: 'tiredTeacher

Problem solved

I used RoeoGeorge's fix and it worked perfectly, even in the mountainous boonies. We ran the antenna up, cut on the radio, put it on FM and got a fuzzy station. Hit the boost button and - voila! Three NPR stations and NOAA to boot.
Cheap and easy to do. Made our morning coffee/news fix possible.

Teach
2010 Tundra 4X4 5.7L V8
2014 Rockwood 2604WS
Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows.
awellis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 01:42 PM   #24

I bought a used Salem TT and was having unusually bad FM radio reception. I started poking around and found that the previous owner (or someone) had taken all the excess wiring and bundled it all together with wire ties. It looked good but the problem was he had rolled all the wires from the DVD player,TV and radio - power and antenna - up together. That's not good, the induced voltage from the power wires overruns the signal in the antenna cable when they are bound parallel to each other. I accidentally found this when I unplugged my DVR and the radio signal became much stronger....the cords were all wrapped together...Be sure power cords don't run parallel to signal cables.
Hudlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:03 PM   #25
CRZ

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who posted in this thread. And a big THANKS to
RodeoGeorge for posting this fix. I got no FM stations where I camped with stock setup. I did the TV booster fix and now get almost every FM station. The best is I now get the wife's favorite country station now woohhhhh!!!!

All I did was go out and buy a replacement vehicle antenna. I then cut the metal antenna off and installed a F connector on it. Hooked it all up as posted earlier and BAM!!! It works great!

Picture of antenna cut off.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1890294942.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	38449

Picture of F connector installed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4285510982.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	38450