Old 05-04-2014, 06:49 PM   #1
MMCM/SS

Power Stabilizer Jacks

Our new Windjammer 2618W will have 4 power stabilizer jacks. I have always had manual crank down, so I assumed I would have 4 switch's to operate the 4 jacks. While visiting our local Camping World I noticed that all the Windjammers that had the power stabilizer jacks only had one switch for the front and one switch for the back. A lot of times I have had to crank down the stabilizer jacks different amounts, not all sites are level you know. My question is if I am lowering the rear stabilizers at the same time with one switch, and the left rear reaches the ground and the right rear is still a couple of inches away what will happen. Will the left rear stabilizer try to lift the camper? Do they both (left & right) travel the same distance as long as you hold the button down? Please don't tell me the difference between leveling the camper and using stabilizers. I have had four campers but this will be my first with power stabilizers.

Old 05-04-2014, 07:29 PM   #2

The first jack touching the ground is where it will stop !
I just bought a 2015 Signature 8310SS TT , they had them on...I had them removed and replaced by manual stabilizers for that reason...+ I made the dealer installed a 3rd set of stabilizers just in front of the axles. It does remove a lot of the bounce from the suspension.
Black

Old 05-04-2014, 07:32 PM   #3

I have the 3065w Windjammer that also has power jacks. Mine work the same as yours. Just for kicks, I put a 2x6 under one jack on the front when the one on the left hit the board it still traveled a little until the other one made contact with the ground. I still did not care for that, so I level the TT with the blocks under the wheels and then use the power jack to level front to back, then lower the stabilizers till they touch, if need be I will put 2x6s under the jacks to make up the difference of the unlevel terrain. I am new to camping and I may be doing it wrong. I am looking forward any responses I am still learning.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:36 PM   #4
Mod free 5er

One jack will contact the ground and stop until the other extends and contacts and then they will both lift together. The whole jack assembly shifts under the trailer. Neat design and works great. I reinforced both legs on mine.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:42 PM   #5

On our Blue Ridge when they lower, one side will hit first then the other will catch up, then they both start to work again to stabilize, I would have thought they all did that, but I could be wrong, anyways welcome to the forum
Old 05-04-2014, 07:50 PM   #6

I with Coot on this I love mine and being in the north georgia mtns. you wont find a level site. Ive had as much as 16 inch from one side to the other. And never had a problem. I love them. So much easier then having to go to four corners. cuts down on setup time.. to enjoy what we gone there in the first place for..
Old 05-04-2014, 08:36 PM   #7

Love em on our Sabre 5er. I toss a piece of laminated plywood I made under each foot and let my 8 or 10 yo dd lower the legs while I install our x-chocks.

Sent by me
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:57 PM   #8
MMCM/SS

What did you use and how did you reinforce the legs?
Old 07-18-2014, 12:53 AM   #9

Rear Stabilizers

How much of a load can be put on these rear stabilizer jacks....I usually stop almost as soon as they hit the ground, usually hold the button until it sounds like it has a load on them, not sure if that is long enough ou not..
Old 07-18-2014, 08:58 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
One jack will contact the ground and stop until the other extends and contacts and then they will both lift together. The whole jack assembly shifts under the trailer. Neat design and works great. I reinforced both legs on mine.
This is how mine work on our 30WFKSS.

2012 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
Dennis and Julie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks, power