Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2018, 04:58 PM   #21

How are the trailer tires wearing? If the trailer axles are slightly out of alignment, the back of the trailer will be offset from straight with the tow vehicle, and the tires will just roll straight and normal. If it was something wrong with the hitch "pushing" against the trailer, forcing it to be in a perpetual turn, one would expect the tires to be wearing funny because they would be constantly "plowing"... rolling but sliding slightly sideways at the same time.
klickitatjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 05:04 PM   #22

Etc...

Not that this makes me an expert, but for several years I hauled rail pigs and cans, ie Semi truck with junk trailers. They were notoriously poorly maintained and dog tracked frequently. Unless you looked, though, you would not notice. You mention it feels like driving in wind. This makes me suspect it is a hitch issue and the windy feel is the trailer fighting against it trying to track properly.

I would remove the sway bar and give it a test tow.

Maybe post a few pics of your hitch tongue hooked up, maybe someone will see the problem or rule it out as the problem
klickitatjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 06:02 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by klickitatjim View Post
These are dog leggingsAttachment 173212

LMAO
rblack22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 06:28 PM   #24

Water heater suggestion - do you have the winterization bypass valve open? If so, that will allow warm and cold water to mix, resulting in a small amount of hot water and a modest amount of lukewarm water, followed by cold water. Search for water heater bypass on the forum and you'll see lots of hits and lots of photos to help guide you.
Good luck with the rest - I don't have much help to offer on those.
Pete
ProPride Hitch
purduepete97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 06:52 PM   #25

Smile Water heater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenna View Post
Unfortunately, it isn't the fan. We had to shut the propane off to get it to stop running :-( Thermostat was set at 73 when we went to bed and it was 84 in the trailer and rising when we got up the next morning. We thought if we turned the gas off and starved it out, it would be good enough, but as soon as we turned it back on for the water heater and grill, the furnace kicked right back on even though the thermostat was off. Only way to keep it off was to disconnect one of the wires (our son's an hvac tech, so he knew what to do). Right now the camper is at the dealership because we'd set up an appointment to get the other stuff fixed when we realized we had another potentially really bad issue. We'd taken it out this weekend to make sure there wasn't anything else wrong and figured we'd drop it off on the way home so we can't do the measurements. It was on the way home that I could see the trailer being dragged at an angle down the road as I was in front of my husband. As for the water heater, it isn't recovering as quickly as it should or get as hot as it should even with both gas switch and electric switch on for quick recovery (which we were told to do by both the dealer that we bought this trailer from and the dealer that we bought our previous trailer from). Water was barely lukewarm and was even cooler by the time I finished the dishes (water not running the whole time). My husband had taken a shower about an hour before and had plenty of hot water... We usually run the water heater on electric only and only do both when we need hot water fast...
Most likely the winterize valve is in the open position between the hot and cold water lines, our 2018 8298ws was doing the same thing
WeLoveCampin is offline   Reply With Quote