Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2011, 09:55 PM   #1

Angry Problem with brake/bearings

I just got back from our first trip in our 2011 Windjammer. I noticed before we left that there was some grime on one of the wheels. Upon checking, I noticed that the bearing cover had come loose and slung grease on the wheel. I put put the cap back on, added some grease and off we went. I noticed the grease on the wheel again. I added grease before we headed back. We noticed a grinding noise as we got closer to home. It sounds like the brake pad or something is grinding on the wheel with the grease that's leaking. I suspect that something's rubbing and heating up the grease causing it to leak, but not sure what to check. Thanks
wright97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:08 PM   #2

things just don't come loose. Get it back to the dealer to fix. I suspect a bearing failure.
donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:56 AM   #3

Get your unit to a dealer to check it out. You do not want failure going down the road.
cardinal4fun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bearings, brakes