Old 04-02-2011, 09:28 PM   #1

Problem with water barrier under 2011 8280ws

Hey ya'll got a question for ya. I noticed on our new Rockwood 8280ws that the material under the RV has separated from the frame it has what looks like aluminum moulding that forms a bracket to support the hard plastic material that forms the underbelly of the unit.

I see only one spot in the drivers side corner just behind the rear axle where it looks like a screw has bee pulled through. Just wondering if anyone has had this happen and possibly a fix. I don't want to take it anywhere like this because the way it looks it could catch air and maybe pull completly off, taking the grey water dump and lord knows what else with it.

Old 04-03-2011, 12:23 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gparrow View Post
Hey ya'll got a question for ya. I noticed on our new Rockwood 8280ws that the material under the RV has separated from the frame it has what looks like aluminum moulding that forms a bracket to support the hard plastic material that forms the underbelly of the unit.

I see only one spot in the drivers side corner just behind the rear axle where it looks like a screw has bee pulled through. Just wondering if anyone has had this happen and possibly a fix. I don't want to take it anywhere like this because the way it looks it could catch air and maybe pull completly off, taking the grey water dump and lord knows what else with it.
Just install a self tapping sheet metal screw where the one is gone.
No big deal. That plastic is just to keep the big stuff and water from getting under the frame.

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:31 AM   #3

You could also add a large washer to keep the new screw from pulling through the enlarged hole.

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2017 Nights Camped - 4
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:35 AM   #4

my underbelly came loose on my trailer and i did as above: screw and fender washer. has held for last 8 yrs.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:45 AM   #5

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
Screw pulled loose

Most of the screws are screwed into a wood strip that is attached to the frame. There are plenty of extra holes along the metal retaining strip on the 8285WS. Just add more screws in the empty holes or make a new hole right beside the enlarged existing hole. Sheet metal screws with square hole in the head is available at LOWES/HOME DEPOT. Where you need to
replace or add screws to the plastic only, make sure the screw has deep threads and a large head to support the plastic.

But be careful if you are adding or replacing screws in the plastic only, make sure your screws are not too long.
TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2017 66 DAYS
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
280, 8280ws