Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2010, 11:26 AM   #1

Problems/Questions 2010 Rockwood 2604 model

While camping this past week I noticed that the converter box was showing a "red light" in the porch light fuse slot. The porch light would still work even though the red light was showing. I thought I had a blown fuse and took the old fuse out and it was not blown. I replaced the fuse anyway with a new one but the light still stayed on. The porch light still worked. I then "moved" the porch light slot into the empty space right above where it was located before. The porch light still would work but the red light in the "empty fuse space" still stayed on, even though there was no fuse in that slot. Where I had moved the porch light fuse (into the empty slot) did not trigger a red light.

What could be the problem here?

Also before I left to go camping, I was starting to hook the camper to the truck and the electric jack would not work as the battery was run down. About two weeks earlier I had taken the camper into the dealership to have "squaks" fixed and when I went to pick it up the battery was run down, after replacing the old battery (which was only 3 months old) with a new one we found out the problem was that when they moved it out to the parking area that they had disconnected the "emergency brake cable" and that had caused the battery to run down. After the new battery was installed and the emergency brake cable was put back in, I pulled the trailer to my storage area and hooked up a "trickle charge" to the battery, then two week later as I was starting to hook up the camper the battery was again dead. I had to manually lower the electric jack down onto the truck hitch. Once I was out at the campsite I hooked up the electric and was able to raise the electric jack.

After camping for five days and the battery being charged by the converter I turned off all the electric and checked my battery charge level from the control box inside the camper (located in the bathroom) and it showed all "red lights" meaning the battery was fully charged, so the converter box had done its job. I pulled the camper back to the storage area and this time I disconnected the Pos/Neg cables from the battery as I was affaid that the battery would again be drained.

What could be causing the battery to do this?

I would suspect that somehow the "red light" showing in the converter box and the battery being drained are somehow related but for the life of me I don't know how.

I hope someone can assist me on this....
Old 07-11-2010, 01:27 PM   #2
Grape Escape

Battery will drain down within a week in storage due to draw from propane detector and entertainment unit.
Éasiest solution is to add battery disconnect devise at battery whenever you leave trailer stored for more than a few days.
I had one that installed between positive battery post and battery cable.
44 for 2011, 38 for 2012, 35 for 2013, 51 for 2014
dezolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 02:38 PM   #3

Problems/questions 2010 model 2604 Rockwood

I realize that the battery will drain after about a week but....I had a "battery charger hooked to the battery with a trickle charge" and it still went dead. It had never done that before the trouble with the "red light" and the "emergency brake cable" issue. I don't have a clue as to what is causing this....Like I said, this time I just "un-hooked" the pos/neg cables from the battery.

Tags
2604, rockwood