Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-07-2016, 10:08 PM   #1
"Don't Tread on Me"

Problems w/ Rockwood 2013 8329SS

I have a couple issues with my 2013 8329SS. This is only my 3rd camping trip this year due to some health issues. I noticed that my Dometic awning has bubbles appearing on the underside. And I found a soft place in the floor beside the entertainment center. The camper is kept covered and has only been used maybe a 12 times or so. I tried to find warranty info on the awning fabric and floor without success. I have not contacted my dealer or FR. I wanted suggestions from the Forum first. Is the structure and workmanship on 2 years from FR? And how about the awning fabric? Thanks to any and everyone for your help.
Rockwood Roo 235S
2002 F-250 7.3 Diesel Powerstroke Powerhouse
Chipped, Bank's Exhaus
t - "Bad to the Bone"
sgtsdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 10:59 PM   #2

My understanding is the FR warranty is 1 year, which is why I purchased a 7-year extended full warranty, so your RV is out of manufacturer's warranty. If you bought the unit this year, you may have a dealers warranty on it. The awning may have a warranty of its own depending on the manufacturer. The soft spot may be a place where there is water damage. Sorry I can't be more helpful.
elchilero53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 12:33 AM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtsdj View Post
I have not contacted my dealer or FR. I wanted suggestions from the Forum first. Is the structure and workmanship on 2 years from FR? And how about the awning fabric? Thanks to any and everyone for your help.
Unfortunately no matter if you bought the optional 2nd year factory warranty, your trailer is 4 years old, so warranty has expired.
The floor would be part of that warranty.

The awning may have its own warranty but you'll have to contact Dometic. But that's if you're the original owner.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 08:54 AM   #4

8329SS Tire rubbing problem

We also have a 2013 model, you might want to check each of your tires to see if they have been rubbing.

Just look at each tire top to underside, any signs of the tire rubbing.

We have just discovered this and trying to get resolution from Forest River since this has been an issue on other models.
LBOBIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 08:58 AM   #5

Soft Floor

I posted earlier about tire rub, and just thought about this.

That area is also above where the tires are rubbing on our unit, if your tires are rubbing like ours, maybe this is some of the reason?
LBOBIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 09:26 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Unfortunately no matter if you bought the optional 2nd year factory warranty, your trailer is 4 years old, so warranty has expired.
The floor would be part of that warranty.

Possibly not......it depends on the date of sale. I know of a dealer here in PA that has some new 2014's and 2015's which if purchased would get full warranty. I would assume if they were FR products which they are not you could buy the second year. It may be a 2013 but could of been built as late as early 2014. I would never buy one that sat that long on the lot, but the OP could of bought that 2013 in 2015 or even later?

The awning fabric is relatively cheap, the floor not so much. But if they're the original owner those floors have been replaced at times after warranty. If I'm not mistaken possibly for some second owners also or at least I think there are some claims to that effect. If the dates work for the warranty or not, and they're the first owner, or even the second, they should step up to the craps table and roll the dice on the floor.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2013, rockwood