Old 02-12-2012, 08:42 AM   #71
Originally Posted by reyob View Post
TV is 2006 Tacoma w/tow pkg. The specs are adequate to handle the 25DS, but I am concerned about the available horsepower of the 4L V6 when the towing gets tough. I will know for sure in 4 months.
Decided not to push my Taco to the limits and traded for a 2012 F-150 XLT 5.0L SuperCab. Everything I wanted except for the rear view camera and they threw that in to be added locally. Also ordered the extended towing mirrors to be added locally so I am all set for long trips when we take possession of the 25DS in April. I did my home work with Edmunds and NADA before talking with the dealer and they were $2,200 under my estimate so I just could not pass it up. I will miss the Taco, but the F-150 is really a nice ride. Now what to do with all the Taco bed rail accessories I still have.

iowaborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:32 AM   #72
V-Cross Vibe

Originally Posted by gtkato View Post
not sure what you mean by stabilizing setup? Your WD hitch, or stabalizing jacks?
If either one, you will be amazed...
Just wish our 1809S had FULL quee sized beds, and ran N/S
This spring, I will go to our RV show and check out the New Forest River V-Cross Vibe TT's (lightweight, aerodynamic, fiberglass roof, large holding tanks, green construction, full sized queen beds, and HUGE passthrough storage...under the raised bed area, and can hold the full sized spare standing upright)
Love all the innovations that mfg are focusing on smaller RV TTs.
Just bought a V-Cross Vibe 826 VFK. Pulls great and seems like it wasn't even behind me until I hit some of the hills. I was able to maintain 55 - 60 up hills with little strain on a Toyota Tundra. Nice layout and a FULL queen in a private room.

mskol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:42 AM   #73
Originally Posted by Hob View Post
The power tongue jack is the best thing since sliced bread.

"Amen" to the power jack

mskol is offline   Reply With Quote