Old 07-25-2014, 06:44 PM   #1

ProPride hitch on Windjammer

Hi all. Just ordered a 2015 Windjammer 2809W. Expect a mid September delivery. I'm very interest in a ProPride hitch and have been talking with Sean at ProPride. Will be towing with a 2007 F150 Supercab. Does anyone pull a Windjammer with the ProPride hitch? If so, what is your experience with it. Looking at photos on ProPride's facebook page it looks like the WD bar jacks block the access to the propane tanks. Is this a big hassle? I appreciate any and all info on this hitch on the Windjammer series. Thanks

Old 07-25-2014, 07:22 PM   #2

On my Windjammer I am using the eq wd hitch and I am very please with it. My tow vehicle is a f250. I am not familiar with the pro pride hitch, I did watch the u tube video and it appears that it would block your hatches to your propane, also your battery switch is in the same compartment as your propane. If it were mine I do not want my access blocked . I am sure they are good hitches, just seems like a lot of frills for me. I am sure some of the more seasoned users on this site can impart more knowledge. Congrats on your purchase.

Chuck "still in Va "

Old 07-25-2014, 07:57 PM   #3

Thanks for the info Chuck. Really looking forward to the new Windjammer!
Old 08-06-2014, 08:48 PM   #4

We have a 3025W that we pull with a Pro Pride hitch. I had the wd jacks on it and it works great except like you say it does block the tank doors. I just put the brackets and chains off my old wd hitch and it works just great. The door are not blocked and its just as easy to snap up the chains as it is to crank the jacks. With the Pro Pride you get no sway at all. It made a world of difference in the way it pulls. This is the 2nd trailer that I have pulled with this hitch and I would highly recommend it. Hope this helps.

Steve
Old 08-07-2014, 08:08 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpowli View Post
Hi all. Just ordered a 2015 Windjammer 2809W. Expect a mid September delivery. I'm very interest in a ProPride hitch and have been talking with Sean at ProPride. Will be towing with a 2007 F150 Supercab. Does anyone pull a Windjammer with the ProPride hitch? If so, what is your experience with it. Looking at photos on ProPride's facebook page it looks like the WD bar jacks block the access to the propane tanks. Is this a big hassle? I appreciate any and all info on this hitch on the Windjammer series. Thanks
Saw this earlier on the mobile app but haven't had a chance to respond until now. We're pulling a Windjammer 3008W using the ProPride P3 (PPP3) hitch and a huge upgrade from the EAZ Lift that the dealer set us up with. Even in heavy winds the trailer is well mannered. The most Semi's will do is give you a gentle nudge but well controlled. I too had talked to Sean about the PPP3 on a v-nose and tried using the old Snap Up brackets with chains when we first got the trailer for the reason as to not block the doors for the propane tanks. However, without the WD towers and the solid connection rods, it was difficult to hook-up some times because the hitch wanted to move from side to side too much. The chains simply don't hold it in place like the WD towers do.... Yes, you need to unbolt the towers when you need to get to the tanks, but it's a fairly simple and quick process. Takes me about 5 mins to do both.

Had to look up the floor plan on your Windjammer 2809W, and like the fact it has the slide for the master bedroom.
cobiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 05:48 AM   #6

I do not have the Windjammer, but I do have the Propride hitch. If you get the Propride, you will not be disappointed in it. I cannot state enough good about the Propride.
campdohbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 03:54 PM   #7

Thanks everyone

Thanks to all for your input. The 2809W was ordered on 7/23. The dealer says no word back from factory on an expected build date. I am leaning heavily toward the ProPride with the towers! Thanks again to everyone.
Old 08-29-2014, 11:03 PM   #8

Propride fits a windjammer with no issues. Once a year remove both jacks and refill your propane

I love the way it tows and it is super easy to hitch up

Linc

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Tags
hitch, windjammer