Old 09-05-2010, 03:48 PM   #11
Wanna Be Camper
The good pressure warning systems even monitor temp, I had ordered them with our V-Lite but they never came so I am getting a set off Ebay over the winter as I think they should be included as std equip.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
Days Camped 2013: 16 2014: 5 2015: 3
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 05:21 PM   #12
Location: Canandaigua,New York (The heart of the Finger Lakes)
Thanks for advise...checking e-baythis evening. I had ask about them when ordering my 3065 from RVW. They were offered as an option on all Forest River products at one time. RVW called FV, They (FR) said no one was buying them as an offered option. So as with everything that doesnt sale....they just go away! Then I start hearing about tire failures on the forum and talking to others picking up campers this weekend, that they are very comon and 3 of the 6 people at RVW, brought some with them. RVW was installing for them. Sooooooo i guess im going to look at Ebay.

BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 03:02 PM   #13
Was camped next to a 2011 Windjammer 3065 last weekend and now I feel like my 09 3001W was shorted !

Pocket Insert around stairs
Bottom side panels extended all the way to frame
End panels at slide out openings
Corner trim on bottom of slide outs l
30 lb tanks vs. 20 lbs.
Scare light.
power stabilizers.
Courtesy light at stairs.

And this is just what I noticed on the outside.
08 Toyota Tundra 5.7
09 Rockwood Windjammer 3001W
DCRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 03:17 PM   #14
DCRC, We've had allot of people come up and ask us about our TT. The 3065 is a floor plan for some reason people overlooked ! We bought it sight unseen !! We love the floor plan and our 2-pugs love it too !!
Old 10-03-2010, 04:01 PM   #15
Grape Escape
Congtrats on the new trailer Big Red. Agree with you 100%. If one drives within the limit even a little less(on my god you can do that) your TV is fine. These jokers that drive 65 plus MPH towing a 28'plus trailer are the ones that think bigger is better.
Considering you have to live with this vehicle when not towing I would rather it be a half ton if you can get away with it. I certainly would rather be using a 1/2 ton as a daily driver than my 3/4 ton if I could.
Here's another scenerio where an empty 3/4 ton drives like crap compaired to a 1/2 ton for daily driver without trailer in tow. I guarantee the 1/2 ton is a safer truck in every day driving.
Most of us cannot afford the luxury of both and there has to be compromise.
I have yet to see any vehicle manufacturer literature that lists trailer length in the towing specs.
Perhaps the weight police have manufacturers specs that the rest of us don't know about or some chart that was produced 30 yrs ago by some so called expert.
Notice in the movie Long Long Trailer staring Lucy and Desi and note of trailer length and TV.
2008 Cardinal 30RKLE 5th wheel sold
2006 Rockwood 2607, 2001 Traillite
55 nights 2009, 53 for 2010
44 for 2011, 38 for 2012, 35 for 2013, 51 for 2014
dezolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 06:51 PM   #16
Congrats on your new Forest River product. You may have to get a new tow vehicle because you will need to carry a lot of tools and spare parts to keep it together. We have a 2011 Rockwood and we have things break or fall apart on a weekly basis, the latest thing is our kitchen slide. A weight bearing bracket was just lag bolted to the floor with no backer plate, the bolts pulled out. I am going to make a steel backer plate and I am going to use machine bolts to attach it to the floor (bolt thru floor and use backer plate on the under side.
2013 Prime Time 230 FBS
Days camped in 2013: April to November
Days camped in 2014...about 40
Days camped in 2015...more than 2014!!
yvesm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:23 PM   #17
As long as you are comfortable with it and feel safe and do not feel as if you are putting your family or anyone else at risk I say keep on truckin brutha!

I dare the weight police to plug these numbers into their outdated Tow vehicle wheelbase VS trailer length chart......
It is a tongue pull..... And what would you guestimate the TV wheelbase to be, 86"?? And the length of that trailer? I would say standard mobile home of 40' That half a home is taller, wider and longer than anything that anyone on any of these forums ever pulls.

yeah...does not compute, I know.

I had one of these babies blow by me one day on I-20 in Fort Worth, probably doing 75~80, the lead vehicle was behind him....

just sayin....

P.S. Almost forgot, CONGRATS BIG RED!! Nice camper!! Post more pics!! Who did you deal with at RVW? We got "stuck" with Trey.

RhoZeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 11:14 PM   #18
We worked with Preston Rogan. We had a real good experience with everyone down at RV Wholesalers (Ohio). I could tell by your reply "we got stuck with Trey" something must have happened. So you got my attention, did you have a bad time with them? They were real nice through out the whole process. I was getting e-mails letting me know scheduling ( bld.time etc.). They answered all my questions and if they didnt have the answer, I had one by the next day. They even called and e-mailed me several times on the same day. I know thier phone call volume dropped after I picked up our Windjammer. What model Rockwood did you purchase ?? ***** on the TV thing, I know they were doing it account of safety, Thats why I drive slow (55-60) & even slower when its raining. Im in no hurry!! If I was, Im leaving the TT home!!
Old 10-04-2010, 08:08 PM   #19
Thumbs up

HAHA! I am sorry BigRed, I did not mean it in that way, we got stuck as in he was the first one to answer price quotes. Trey has been great to deal with, very helpful and informative, he has put up with a lot of questions by me and even a little abuse.....

Congrats again on your purchase, I hope it works out great!
I am jealous of everybody that gets to go pick their new unit up, would like to have done it but it would have cost me about the same as the delivery so might as well let somebody else put those miles on their truck.
RhoZeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:48 PM   #20
The only place that one would really get into trouble with a 1/2 ton is in the mountains, where you can get an 8% grade for 5 miles. You could still make it, but it would be hard on the nerves, both up and down.
The newer trucks with 4-wheel disc brakes are a lot better than the older ones without.

crocus is offline   Reply With Quote