Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2010, 07:50 AM   #1

Purchasing a new 2702SS

We have just placed an order for a new 2011 Rockwood 2702SS, should be here in 6-8 weeks. I have searched the various forums on this site and there isn't a single word on the 2702SS. Does anyone here have any ideas/suggestions at what do look at (specifically to the 2702 or the almost identical 2701) at time of delivery? I know the PDI checklist pretty well and planning to go over every detail, but does anything stand out on this model? Thanks for any info!
frankm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:30 PM   #2
Infractee

I would imagine since it is a brand new model there will not be very much response. I believe you are correct in that it is most similar to the 2701SS but with a much nicer restroom setup and second entry. The 2702SS was my favorite when I first started looking at TT's, then the additional space of the 2901SS was brought to my attention by my better half and became one of our faves, then once we finally saw a 8316SS there was no question, that was THE ONE. I really like all the Rockwood Ultra Lites (the bunkhouse types anyway, never looked at any of the RL, RE or RK types, or "retirement" models as the wife and I wistfully called them), they seem to offer the best bang for the buck. And after looking at approx 200 different TT's over the last 3 months I can honestly say that while they are not top of the line, they are nowhere near the bottom...and trust me, I looked at a LOT of bottoms...of which I will not mention any names so as to not offend any owners of said bottoms....
Which brings me to top of the line stuff, I only have three words to describe my experience with those that I did look at, Highly Over Rated.
Good Luck with your 2702, we are about to order our 8316SS as well in the next week or so, they said 6-8 weeks as well.
RhoZeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 01:14 PM   #3

Thanks for the assurances on the Rockwood line, we also did a bit of research and came to the same conclusion on the FR brand. We placed our order back in the middle of August so we still some waiting do to til the arrival!

Now that you have decided on the TT, the "other" fun begins: is my TV adequate; which type/brand of WDS should I get (Equalizer); sway or no sway; is my current brake controller good enough or should I upgrade (Prodigy P2); etc. And talking about upgrades which ones should I get for the TT itself. In this forum you will find many (many!) very good opinions and suggestions (and mods!) from veteran RV'ers that definitely know what they are talking about.

PS. I also send you a PM (private message) re: if you live in Florida, check it out and let me know.

Happy Camping!
frankm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 08:14 PM   #4
Infractee

Hey Frankm!

I did get your PM, thank you very much for the info, I did try them out, not as good a deal as I found elsewhere but very good.

I know what you mean, there are many questions and many answers out there, the hard part is trying to put them together...

I have had the same questions about TV, brake controllers and WDS.

Hopefully the answers I have found work for me.
I know it will be a very big difference between the new one and our old jayco popup
RhoZeta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood