Old 06-03-2012, 11:10 AM   #11
Let me rephrase my problem, since I obviously wasn't clear.
1. I noticed a gurgling sound at the fresh water tank fill hose connection on the passenger side of the RV upon adding fresh water to rinse the black tank (clearly labeled on the driver's side of the RV) after dumping.
2. I called our dealer about this and they told me there was no connection between the black tank and the fresh tank and didn't off any other suggestions.
3.. Until a few days ago, I have never put water into the fresh water tank.
4. Upon hooking the hose to the fresh water connection on the passenger side of the RV to sanitize the fresh water tank in preparation to our first dry camping trip, I found water pouring out from the drain in the belly pan.
5. After more calls to the dealer and upon further inspection, I found that the black water flush hose connection was connected to the anti-freeze line instead of the black tank. The anti-freeze line was connected to the black tank.
6. Thus, after each of our trips, when I flushed the black tank, I was actually adding water to the fresh tank without knowing it, since the hoses had been reversed when connected at the factory.

The reversal of the two hoses, which is a big problem since it appears it has caused the fresh tank to burst,combined with the wiring of four different electrical switches is why I am about quality control issues.

Rodney-the-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:22 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus
I have one question/comment. After you "flushed" the black tank, or attempted to, did you not drain it again, and didn't notice that nothing came out? A lot of folks have a clear elbow so they can watch the tanks drain, and know when they are empty. I usually just keep watching the hose, or feeling it, to determine if water is coming out.

I do sympathize with you over your problems, and agree should never have happened.

One other lesson learned for us all, drain your fresh tank every once in a while, especially before winter, even if you never put any water in it, some one else might have. Also eliminates carrying unwanted/unneeded weight.

2012 Ford F250 ext. Cab 4x4
2002 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 04:59 PM   #13
Thanks to all of you who responded. Good news! We talked to our dealer as we left on our first long trip and they told us to call Forest River. We talked to them and were told that Forest River would make it right. We'll make an appointment with our dealer on the way back home and see how it goes. Keeping our fingers crossed.

Rodney-the-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote