Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2010, 12:29 PM   #1

Question about drawers opening while TT moving.

We recently upgraded to a Rockwood 2607 and are getting it ready for our maiden voyage next week (so excited!) We needed to take it back to the dealer last week to have the propane regulator replaced and noted when we got home that the 2 drawers next to the oven had both opened up during our travels. It seems that there is no locking mechanism on the drawers at all. Is this common on the Forest River units? Our Gulfstream had drawers that needed to be slightly lifted in order to actually open. While it was a pain in the butt at times to remember to do this, we at least never had the drawers swing open while driving. Has anyone else experienced this problem or am I missing something on how to get them to stay closed. Thanks for any help.
kaz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 01:02 PM   #2

We had this same problem also after taking delivery of our 5th wheel. We brought it back to the dealer to have them install spring-roller catches to help keep the drawers closed. Unfortunately, this did not entirely solve the problem because the dealer did not install them properly. After a couple hours of my own time re-attaching the catches properly and in a more effective location, we have not had any problems since.

My advice would be to install them on every drawer in the kitchen. You may find out after your first long trip that more drawers other than the ones you mention will have the same problem.

'07 Rockwood 8281SS 5th Wheel
'07 Silverado 2500HD LMM Duramax Diesel / Allison 1000 CC 2LT S/B
Reese 15K 5th Wheel Hitch w/ Kwik-Slide
E.S.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 02:05 PM   #3

Every drawer on my Rockwood 8313ss has a catch of some type on it. I have only had a problem once with the drawer under one dinette bench. I think that was because we overloaded the drawer making it too heavy for the catch to hold. We have bent a couple of the catches, but otherwise mine has been solid.
grandpaofthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 02:26 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

The drawers on my 2106 have carches as well.
revrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 02:45 PM   #5
Grape Escape

When I had my 2607 the factory forgot to install 1/2 of the drawer catches. Had them send parts and installed myself.
44 for 2011, 38 for 2012, 35 for 2013, 51 for 2014
dezolen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood