Old 04-07-2016, 07:13 PM   #1
Questions about the Rockwood 8329SS

We are looking to buy the 8329SS and I have a couple concerns that I hope an 8329SS owner can answer. We don't tow the camper, but use it more as a summer house that we stay at for up to a week at a time. There is no pantry in this unit, so I am concerned with the storage of staples. Also, with the wardrobe sitting on top of the dresser, are the drawers easily accessible or is it awkward. I absolutely hate the plain vanilla countertops and plastic bathroom faucets. My husband loves this layout but I'm leaning towards the Grand Design Reflections. I'm pretty sure I'm going to lose, so I want to make sure the Rockwood is something I can live with.

bpete5051 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 06:42 PM   #2
Some guy in back...
We bought the 8329SS as "our" trailer. My wife really liked the colors and floorplan and so it became our common choice for our next trailer.
We camp on week-ends, with a couple of week-long trips through the year.

There is LOTS of storage in the kitchen. The island swallows lots and lots as do the drawers under the fridge and oven. Would an actual pantry be nice? Totally, but so far we don't miss one that much.

The drawers under the wardrobe are easy to get to and very capacious. Same goes for the drawers under the bed. There is enough room in the wardrobe to have a duffel bag/ carry-on or laundry basket on each side with plenty of room for hanging clothes above.

This is an ultra-light trailer and yes, while the bathroom and kitchen sinks are plastic, that are definitely a cut way above the norm in travel trailers. The kitchen faucet is as nice or nicer than the one in my house and the bath taps are decent, functional and don't scream "CHEAP", at least not to us.

Bottom line, you do need to be happy and since you are spending your money on what you want, make sure you get it. For us, the floor plan, the openness and quality all came together in the 8329SS.

SF Bay Area
'99 Ford E350 V10
'16 Rockwood 8329SS
ChateauV10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 05:25 AM   #3
Thank you for your input. I went back to look at it this weekend, with fresh eyes, and alleviated my concerns. We bought it and now I only have to wait 20 days for camping season around here to open.
bpete5051 is offline   Reply With Quote