Old 07-21-2015, 02:10 PM   #1
Questions for 2504S owners

We are looking for a newer, bigger travel trailer...but not too big! We love the layout of the 2504S but I have a couple of questions about the murphy bed. First, is there enough room to put a 2" or 3" memory foam topper on the mattress and still close it up? Do you feel you have adequate storage for clothes? (When you have a regular bed you have storage above and under the bed.) Do your pillows close up in there as well? I see the bunks are 30" across. Are they really big enough for an adult...or basically a child. How much weight do the bunks hold? We have not been able to see one locally. We will probably drive a few hours to see one when we get a chance. It appears from the forum that most people love their 2504S! Any input is appreciated!!

DeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 02:47 PM   #2
Our family of 3 loves our 2015 2504s. The murphy bed is great and the with the bed up and the slideout out there is a ton of space. You can also open the fridge and get to the bathroom with the slideout in. You can use the couch during the day, then use the MB at night and there are straps to hold the sheets on when it is closed back up. I don't have a memory foam topper, but plan to get one. I hear with the 2-3" foam toppers the MB is still able to close. We keep our pillows on top of the bedside tables during the day, or you could store them in the drawer in the bottom of the couch.

There is a ton of storage in this trailer, much more then the Jayco 23MBH we compared against. We store all our clothes on the shelves in the slide out closet. There is also a closet in the bathroom where we keep our towels and sheets.

I am 6'3", and I can fit in the 30" wide bunks but IMO they are better suited for kids.

2014 Ram 1500 5.7L
2015 Mini Lite 2504s
nc_camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 04:55 PM   #3
Just picked up our 2016 2504s a few weeks ago. We have only camped in it once, but have spent several hours in "camp driveway". Like you, we wanted a travel trailer that was big, but not too big, the 2504s fits the bill perfectly. With the murphy bed up it feels like any 33' trailer would, but with a better floor plan since the couch actually faces the tv and your other guests, making for a better social environment. Once it's bedtime you simply lower the bed and shut the lights. In the morning we made the bed, clipped the straps over sheets (and pillows) and shut the bed.

Friends who have visited since we got it are amazed by how open it feels inside, it really is great. Storage is not a problem, my wife and I split the wardrobe by the dinette, our boys each get a drawer under the dinette as well as a shelf in the bathroom. Our little closets above the bed area we opted to hang collapsible storage "shelves" we got on amazon for $15 for the pair. They form 3 shelves and hang from the rod in the closets.

The bunks are plenty big for our boys, as well as smaller adults. I'm 5'8" and would have no issue sleeping in them. What's really great as mentioned before is the access to everything even with the slide in. You can still use the bathroom, the bunks are fully accessible, refrigerator, and even the dinette could be slept on if you were spending a quick night at a wal mart parking lot.

I can't speak to the mattress topper as ours is only 2", but it seems like there is plenty of room behind there, so I would think that a 3" memory foam would be fine.

We bought ours sight unseen and I drove 7 hours to pick it up. When I got to the dealer it was the first time I'd set foot in this model, thankfully it was everything I hoped it would be, and more. Good luck with your purchase, and I hope you wind up getting a 2504s!
TheJamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 07:28 PM   #4
We fold ours up with a 2" topper and couple of pillows on it.
1988 Coleman Sequoia - popup (1987-2007)
2012 Roo19 - hybid (2012-2015)

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 01:07 PM   #5
Thanks so much for all the input. Another question for you 2504S owners... do you think I could put a 32" tv in the entertainment center. My husband and I like to watch tv in bed and are concerned the tv they include might be a bit small for us. Thanks so much for your input!!
Old 07-24-2015, 01:36 AM   #6
We have the 2503s and the Murphy bed can easily be closed with mattress topper. We installed LED puck lights under the bedside upper cabinets and they are perfect for reading and are within reach to turn off in bed. The TV so far seams to be big enough for viewing in bed and we love being able to take it outside. It's the perfect size unit for just the 2 of us and the dinette bed is just right for the times we have the grandkids. Love it!!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Humteddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 02:21 PM   #7
2504s is a great floor plan. here's a couple of mods I've done so far.
mounted surge protector in storage compartment and put fireplace in divider wall
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	surge01.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	276.2 KB
ID:	84012   Click image for larger version

Name:	surge02.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	264.8 KB
ID:	84013   Click image for larger version

Name:	heater02.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	294.5 KB
ID:	84015   Click image for larger version

Name:	heater01.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	296.0 KB
ID:	84016   Click image for larger version

Name:	heater03.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	296.7 KB
ID:	84017  

2014 F150 Eco
2015 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2504S
craigster_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 02:32 PM   #8
We have a 2016 25bhs (Flagstaff version of the 2504s). There is 5 in our family and we love the new camper. Plenty of room for five. An adult under 6 feet(me)could sleep in the bunks comfortably. Plenty of storage inside and out. We really enjoy it and I think you will as well. We have a 4 inch topper and pillows and it all goes up with the bed with no issues.
HappyCamperCY96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 12:22 PM   #9
So do all of you agree the TV is large enough to watch in bed? From what I understand it is a 28 inch TV. I asked if I could put a 32 inch instead on my own, and I was told no it wouldn't fit. Just want to make sure we would be happy with 28". Thanks for all your replies!!! Any more?
Old 07-27-2015, 06:13 PM   #10
We have a 2016 2503s that we have slept in for two nights and really felt it fit the bill. The Murphy Bed is comfortable and ours has a 2 inch memory foam pad on it. The sheets, pillows and the memory foam pad all fit when it is put up for the day.

We are using it for a replacement for motel rooms and it will get a work out starting later next month. We plan on staying in state and county parks in Missouri and Iowa.

I plan to post our travels here. I don't intend to have any problems but if we do, we'll let everyone know what's going on.

Its a great TT! JMHO

John Spear
RMCS (SW) USN Retired
2012 Ford F-150
Rockwood 2503s
debandi is offline   Reply With Quote