Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2013, 01:46 PM   #1

Questions from first trip out...

Last weekend was my first trip out in my 2011 Forest River Rockwood 8293rkss and after getting back a couple questions I need help with...It rained all weekend

1. Water Leak from vent closest to frig...Bolts need tighten or condensation or something else?

2. The head unit that plays your Radio/Tv/Cd/Dvd and such won't read my dvd's and if I didn't wait long enough for it to read is there something I need to do to tv to play them? I hit my Input button remote but only selection that was unlocked was the Antenna/Cable INput and everything else was Locked...Any suggestions?

3. This camper came with the Pro Series Sway Control Arm and the trip down it did ok but on the way back it wanted to move on me for the ususal..Is there a correct way to set the Sway control? NO directions came with it!!! I have a 2012 Ford F150 Lariat SuperCrew....

Thanks for helping a new camper out in time of need.
jpcampisano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:11 AM   #2

I'll try to help with question 3, the sway control. The service guys at the dealership told me to tighten it as far as you can with 2 fingers, then tighten it a bit more. Ours works fine, but I also discovered that travelling through western Ohio farm country, (home), going north and south leaves you wide open to being broadsided by gusty winds from the west. Also, some sections of highway are poorly maintained and cause the TT to lurch. I just keep it around 50 - 55 mph. Hope that's helpful.

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2703SS
2011 Chevy Silverado 2500
Pitstop88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:28 PM   #3

I'll try that..thanks for any help that is offered for new camper...
Old 05-08-2013, 07:12 AM   #4
AKA: 'tiredTeacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitstop88 View Post
... I also discovered that travelling through western Ohio farm country, (home), going north and south leaves you wide open to being broadsided by gusty winds from the west.
Roger that! I was going back to Va. from RVWholesalers going south on Rt. 23 and 35. Crosswind the whole way to West-by-gawd-Virginia.

Teach
2010 Tundra 4X4 5.7L V8
2014 Rockwood 2604WS
Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows.
awellis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:34 PM   #5
Paul & Sheri

I have a Genesis radio/cd/dvd in my Rockwood and have had a lot of problems with it however the dvd does work. All I do is set the tv to input dvd player and load the dvd and then I have to hit play on the radio/cd/dvd. The sound comes from the radio so I think the sound is not hooked up to the tv from the radio.

I agree with Jeff and Kathy about the sway bar and add this: When you are making slow sharp turns such as parking or backing into a camp site, loosen the bar so it doesn"t break under the strain. I would check into a camp ground and loosen it at that point then head for the site or loosen it before I back up into my driveway to park it.
2004 T@B T-16
pwb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:10 PM   #6

The head unit is a Concertone zx700...emailed the company and they advised me try cleaning it but also lack of use could be issue but i don't believe that! I looked in back for shipping screw but doesnt have one... Looked to make sure all was hooked up right and it was..... The only input that is unlocked on tv is Antenna/cable and when dvd or cd is in player just says loading... Thanks for helping
Old 05-13-2013, 09:21 PM   #7

Agree with the sway bar. Other than it didn't provide a whole lot of sway control in windy conditions, I really didn't like having to unhook and/or loosen when backing up. I purchased an Equal-i-zer 4-point with my new unit... All problems solved.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:59 PM   #8

Well after couple weeks of research I was able to solve couple of my isses...

Frig Not lighting when using gas was the Manual Shutoff was in CLOSED position!!

LEAK from A/c was that two of the bolts were loose(Hopefully)

Still having issues with trying to get Concertone ZX700 to read DVD/CD'S...

Thanks for all the help..James