Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2011, 12:19 AM   #1

Questions on Signature Ultralite

new to this but was wondering if anyone has a 2012 signature ultralite 8280 5th wheel. the question is how many problems do you have or had and how quick or not your dealer responded to these?
camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:13 PM   #2

Every dealer is different, some good, some bad, it's your job to pick which one you would want. Personally speaking, I would rather pay more and have a dealership behind me close, than I would to buy from another state and have to worry about warranty issues. But, on that note, I use the best internet prices I can find after hours and hours of searching and I compare apples to apples. I will gladly pay a $1000 more to have a local dealership that worked with me just to have piece of mind knowing that I won't be put into the back of the line. Any reputable dealer will haggle, and know that the next time you purchase, they will be considered.
justbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping View Post
new to this but was wondering if anyone has a 2012 signature ultralite 8280 5th wheel. the question is how many problems do you have or had and how quick or not your dealer responded to these?
Interesting question. I agree it all depends on yor dealer in respect to service. If you are asking about your Signature UltraLite they are good trailers but things still go wrong on all trailers. I have found that I'm always watching on issues that may happen to try and stay a head of major problems. So far I've been lucky with mine and have pulled it many miles in the past year. Good luck.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 11:18 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

We've had our 2010 8280WS since Feb '10 and have camped about 100 nights since we purchased. We've had no problems at all...hope that continues.

My opinion is that it's best that you handle the small stuff that needs fixing yourself and avoid the hassle of taking to the dealer for minor repairs. As far as purchasing local vs wholesalers, I say find the best price. The local dealer isn't any help when repairs are required in the middle of a trip 100's of miles from home.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ultralite