Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2010, 11:32 AM   #1

rear automatic stabilizer jack

Our stabilizer jack had retracted nicely when we left the campground, but when we pulled up to our storage site, the jacks will not come down....anybody know what i need to look for to fix this???
Old 07-21-2010, 03:30 PM   #2

If the motor isn't making any noise for up or down I'd check the fuse.
Now someone would have to tell you where the fuse may be in your trailer.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 08:05 PM   #3

Hmmm...well, it doesn't make any noise at all!...So, I guess my next question is: Does anyone know where to find the fuse panel for a Rockwood 8280WS??
Old 07-21-2010, 08:19 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by catjo View Post
Hmmm...well, it doesn't make any noise at all!...So, I guess my next question is: Does anyone know where to find the fuse panel for a Rockwood 8280WS??

I would first check the panel to see if you have any 30 amp fused that are blown.
If not I would go to the inside wall where the switch is locate doutside and look in the cabinets and see if you can see it. If you do the fuse maybe there in line with the + positive lead (red wire maybe)

I'm really guessing after looking at your rig.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 08:56 PM   #5
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by catjo View Post
My fuse panel is under the fridge. Just press the top center and it should pop open.

BUT

The problem fuse may not be there. There might be an auto-reset fuse located near the switch for the rear stabilizers. Like inside the entertainment center cabinet in our camper.

Hidden circuit protection rear stabilizers pictures from travel photos on webshots

OR

It could be in the fuse panel itself like:

Lower CB Panel pictures from travel photos on webshots

OR

It could be a pigtail fuse just stuffed behind the power distribution panel itself.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 11:08 AM   #6

20amp fuse in main panel,marked (Jacks). Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 11:45 PM   #7

Did you get your jacks figured out? We had blown a fuse early into summer but not sure why yet. It blew 2 fuses at first and since has been good (knock on wood). The fuse is in the panel under the fridge.
swayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:03 PM   #8

fuses....check....

Quote:
Originally Posted by swayze View Post
Did you get your jacks figured out? We had blown a fuse early into summer but not sure why yet. It blew 2 fuses at first and since has been good (knock on wood). The fuse is in the panel under the fridge.
We did get this fixed, it was a fuse blown (the panel under the fridge) When we got home from our last trip, the FRONT jacks would not work!! (WTH???) This was also a fuse (30amp) located behind the automatic switch on the front of the unit.
We went out and bought a multi pack of fuses to take on the 2 week vacation that starts this coming MONDAY!!!....Yahoo!!!

Tags
rockwood