Old 04-07-2016, 09:07 AM   #31

My comfortable speed is 67. I've pushed it to 72 on occasion and it's still solid. If your having problems at 60-65 then you've got a setup issue, probably low tongue weight, that will cause a sway/stability problem at higher speeds.

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 10:51 AM   #32

Its depends on the weather and traffic .I average about 55to60

Old 04-07-2016, 11:57 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnP View Post
...my concern is not about going fast is about riding with the traffic without being a road hazard because I have to go way too slow.
If you are going 55+ in the far right lane, you are not considered a road hazard no matter the speed limit. If you are poking at below 55 on an expressway or towing below the speed limit while consistently riding in any lane other than the far right, you are a road hazard.

I've found the interstate to be quite enjoyable at 60-65 in the right lane as all the NASCAR wannabes are zipping by...
windsurfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 05:10 PM   #34

Generally I stay around 60. I have changed my tires to Carlisle's but I just feel safer. Let the other guys run 70 and above. I'll catch up with the at the next traffic jam. HAHAHA
Old 04-07-2016, 06:54 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDoubleU View Post
Generally I stay around 60. I have changed my tires to Carlisle's but I just feel safer. Let the other guys run 70 and above. I'll catch up with the at the next traffic jam. HAHAHA
Or at their accident scene.
Old 04-07-2016, 07:01 PM   #36

Coming across US70 today between Lordsburg NM and Duncan Az I set the cruise on 70 and let her stroll.
Old 04-07-2016, 07:22 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burk View Post
Retire early, drive slow. This from an old drag racer We live in California, 55mph limit, I always settle back to about 58mph, only hit 60+ when the outside temp is below 90 deg. heat is your enemy. If your trailer load is uncomfortable at 60+, it's telling you back off.
Enjoy the trip, arrive relaxed.
Burk
Careful Burk.....you're letting logic enter the discussion.........what's the rush?, you do have your house behind you! ....
Old 04-07-2016, 08:23 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge Guy View Post
My comfortable speed is 67. I've pushed it to 72 on occasion and it's still solid. If your having problems at 60-65 then you've got a setup issue, probably low tongue weight, that will cause a sway/stability problem at higher speeds.

You may be comfortable at 67 MPH but your tires aren't if they are rated for 65MPH. The faster you go the more heat generated. Just say'in
Old 04-08-2016, 10:46 PM   #39
KnP

Got the Air Tabs yesterday and installed them today. Took the TT to camp for the weekend and the moment of truth is an area were crosswinds are a MoFo. Not a magic bullet but sure improved the ride. I was able to stay at 60 MPH at a very comfortable and predictable way. Still, very small sway but not as violent as before. Since I was on a hurry, installed the side panels. Took about 45 min and some denatured alcohol to clean the side and bond the tabs. At the camp ground, will install them on the roof.

Fuel mileage.. not sure because I have not towed long enough to have a baseline. One thing that I did noticed is, the TV seems to tow easier at higher speeds.
Old 04-12-2016, 03:54 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stovebolt View Post
You may be comfortable at 67 MPH but your tires aren't if they are rated for 65MPH. The faster you go the more heat generated. Just say'in
Mine are "N" speed rated at 87mph! Not that I'll ever push that rating!

The Carlstar Group

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote