Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2013, 11:20 AM   #1

Reese 10k revolution

Hi there
We have the 2013 Rockwood 8280WS Signature Ultra lite with the Reese 10k revolution sidewinder pinbox - plus the Curt E16 fifth wheel hitch...towing with a Ford F150 crew cab...

My question - can we (hubbie!) activate the sidewinder function ourselves? We have seen the information on the Reese website about doing this and after watching the Forest River video on using it - it looks amazing and would sure help us out when trying to get into some tight spots...
Any advice would be most welcome...
Thanks!
Rustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:48 AM   #2

Yes, 2 bolts under pin box need removed (keeps from pivoting) and install "King pin wedge" which should be bolted to bottom of pin box. Instructions tell how to setup. Get from Etrailer web site.

2020 F350 Extended Cab
2018 Sandpiper 354RET

fkent1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:29 PM   #3
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustie View Post
Hi there
We have the 2013 Rockwood 8280WS Signature Ultra lite with the Reese 10k revolution sidewinder pinbox - plus the Curt E16 fifth wheel hitch...towing with a Ford F150 crew cab...

My question - can we (hubbie!) activate the sidewinder function ourselves? We have seen the information on the Reese website about doing this and after watching the Forest River video on using it - it looks amazing and would sure help us out when trying to get into some tight spots...
Any advice would be most welcome...
Thanks!
They are very nice when activated. Easy to do if you have a 1/2" breaker bar and the right size sockets just like fkent1 suggested. I really like mine and it lets me tow with a full bed hard tonneau cover.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:52 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
They are very nice when activated. Easy to do if you have a 1/2" breaker bar and the right size sockets just like fkent1 suggested. I really like mine and it lets me tow with a full bed hard tonneau cover.
Thanks so much for the reply - and the confirmation that it works! We'll be sure to get this activated - just as soon as my hubbie gets over a very painful bout of sciatica...

PS - love the truck!

If anyone would like to have a look at my blog - we're currently in Spain - in the sunshine
Garretts on the Road... | Adventure… before Dementia…

Thanks again...
Rustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:50 PM   #5
Paul & Sheri

I have the Reese Revolution where it's locked at the hitch and pivots at the top. Works well with my F-150, can't hit the cab with the camper.

PS. There's nothing I don't love about the truck

and, I've worked in Spain many times.
2004 T@B T-16
pwb01 is offline   Reply With Quote