Old 09-10-2014, 10:35 AM   #91
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
...never saw that print out before. Very Very Strange and confusing...
Came from here: Custom Wedge Needed for the Reese Pro Series 15k 5th Wheel Hitch and a Revolution Pin Box | etrailer.com
And here on page 4 of the Sidewinder manual
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Reese Revolution Sidewinder Manual.pdf (530.8 KB, 68 views)

Old 09-10-2014, 10:40 AM   #92

I find that confusing as well. That is the hitch that I have and I am using the stock wedge that came with the reese revolution. And it works great.

2015 Crossroads Zinger ZT28BH
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 10:54 AM   #93
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged Brown View Post
I find that confusing as well. That is the hitch that I have and I am using the stock wedge that came with the reese revolution. And it works great.
You're one of the lucky ones. My stock wedge loosened in the 20 miles from the dealer to my house and I stood there and watched them torque the 2 bolts to 150 lb/ft. That's why I made my own out of 1" plate with no slots.
Old 09-10-2014, 11:34 AM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
You're one of the lucky ones. My stock wedge loosened in the 20 miles from the dealer to my house and I stood there and watched them torque the 2 bolts to 150 lb/ft. That's why I made my own out of 1" plate with no slots.
I've already alluded to my luck and perhaps when I tightened it , I may have given a tad more or less torque so as not encounter the same problem as you. I don't see anything wrong with the stock wedge as supplied with the hitch I have. I have my fingers crossed that nothing untoward will happen.
2015 Crossroads Zinger ZT28BH
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 01:07 PM   #95

Quote:
Well that is not what I got from my dealer, it was just 2 pages long, and the tricky part is that unit has printed on it that I needed a SW4 wedge printed on it for a Husky Hitch. It on all of them that I have seen, I guess as always some dealers give better information in your packets. The point was that it did not work hence had to get my own.....I guess they contradicted themselves. Mine works fine and alot easier as I said.3 years and have not have a problem yet, hope I don't. Thank you for the information.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 01:37 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by THESCUBADOC View Post
will do,,,and thanks again for your assistance,,,,,,hoping this does the trick !
OC knows his stuff on these Reese Hitches! The Techs at Dandy RV, after seeing OCs drawings and calling Reese managed to fab a copy of OCs and ever since installed, operation is flawless hookup/unhook is bonehead easy (which is good because I can be a bonehead )

Only thing my hitch does that is different that Glenn's or OCs is it turns easily at the revolution pivot point (still and that 3,800 mi on the 5er guys)
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 01:44 PM   #97
Mod free 5er

All the manuals I got came in a bundle furnished by Forest River in a drawer. Tom Johnson, our dealer had nothing to do with the bundle of stuff. In fact, the tech was surprised when we found it during the PDI.
Old 09-10-2014, 02:46 PM   #98

Quote:
All the manuals I got came in a bundle furnished by Forest River in a drawer. Tom Johnson, our dealer had nothing to do with the bundle of stuff. In fact, the tech was surprised when we found it during the PDI.
WOW...such differences in PDIs.

As we went through the unit, the "pre"PDI guys had seperated all the owner's manuals by component. So, when the tech talked about the HWH, he handed us the paperwork to take notes on, then the Refer and so on. Dandy RV had a nice "fake leather" folio that everything fit into when we were done.

(I then took everything home, and scanned it in as PDFs to our computer and pitched the paper copies )
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 03:00 PM   #99
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
WOW...such differences in PDIs.

As we went through the unit, the "pre"PDI guys had seperated all the owner's manuals by component. So, when the tech talked about the HWH, he handed us the paperwork to take notes on, then the Refer and so on. Dandy RV had a nice "fake leather" folio that everything fit into when we were done.

(I then took everything home, and scanned it in as PDFs to our computer and pitched the paper copies )
Had a good PDI, of course, it was only 2 hours as this being our 7th trailer, we pretty well knew how to operate everything. It was mainly looking over the finish work, opening doors, drawers, different brand refrig. and how the new to us front landing jacks and rear jacks worked and where the manual operation for them were. Working the new tv, etc. Other than a landing jack problem and the toilet issue, have had no problems whatsoever. Tom Johnson is a good dealer, but after our deal with the toilet when we were in FL and their tech telling me to "find someone to fix it, can I do anything else for you?" incident, I will not darken their doors for anything, parts included.
Old 09-16-2014, 07:24 AM   #100

I found out this past Sunday when checking the torque on the wedge bolts that when the Revolution is cold 60* it sure moves easy. After it's been sitting in the sun at 80* + I can't budge it.

PhoneDude 8289 is offline   Reply With Quote