Old 09-18-2014, 10:35 AM   #111

Hey OC.That looks nice.What did you do to be able to put the piece back in and stay.I have a fiberglass cover that I might try that on.DW gave me the stink eye when I showed her and said I could do something like this.

Old 09-25-2014, 12:57 PM   #112

I finally lubed my Revolution hitch yesterday after owning the trailer for two years. I bought a 2 1/4" socket and used an extension pipe on the ratchet but couldn't loosen the nut. The local garage was able to loosen the nut with a 3/4" impact wrench. I put wheel bearing grease on the bolt and threaded the nut on by hand. After disconnecting from the truck, I loosened the nut until there was only a 1/4" of thread still in the nut. I then drilled a hole in the end of a 6' - 2x4 and loosely fastened to a hole in the hitch that was used to store the wege. I then brought the 2x4 up against the pin and pulled the hitch side ways, then moved to the other side of the pin and pulled it back the other way. Working it back and forth, I was able to work it down the bolt to the top of the loosened nut. This gave me about 3/4" space to lubricate the top of the bolt and the plastic wear plate. I took the nut off completely and removed the washer and wear plate at the bottom and lubricated. I then reinstalled the nut and torqued to 80 foot pounds and reinstalled the cotter pin. I am now able to move the hitch from side to side by hand, but it does not move real easy. I can now move the hitch under the trailer when parked. By leaving the nut on the bolt a little bit I didn't have to worry about supporting or reinstalling the heavy hitch.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Old 09-25-2014, 01:15 PM   #113
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveandSue View Post
Hey OC.That looks nice.What did you do to be able to put the piece back in and stay.I have a fiberglass cover that I might try that on.DW gave me the stink eye when I showed her and said I could do something like this.
Got some 1-1/2" alum strips and pop riveted it to the section I cut out so it over lapped the 2 sides and the front. Secured it at the rear with a pipe and on the bottom with some more strips that over lap the bottom of the sides.
Old 09-25-2014, 03:07 PM   #114

Thanks OC. May be a winter project. Thanks again.