Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2014, 01:24 PM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
<SNIP>Tom Johnson is a good dealer, but after our deal with the toilet when we were in FL and their tech telling me to "find someone to fix it, can I do anything else for you?" incident, I will not darken their doors for anything, parts included.
YIKES Neil! I musta missed that post - what happened to your toilet?
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 05:17 PM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
YIKES Neil! I musta missed that post - what happened to your toilet?
He sat on it what do you think?..and his feet couldn't touch the ground.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 05:24 PM   #103
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
He sat on it what do you think?..and his feet couldn't touch the ground.

HVSBama, it wouldn't shut off. Finally took it out and had Camping World get a valve from Dometic under warranty. Did it again about a month later so I took it apart and lubed the whole thing inside and it's worked like a charm ever since.
Old 09-18-2014, 08:03 AM   #104

Are the Reese Revs better then a slider, I am going 5th wheel and I have an F150 with the 5.5 box need either one just not sure which is best and need a rough idea what each costs, thanks in advance for any help

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 09-18-2014, 08:13 AM   #105
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
Are the Reese Revs better then a slider, I am going 5th wheel and I have an F150 with the 5.5 box need either one just not sure which is best and need a rough idea what each costs, thanks in advance for any help.
I like the Reese Revolution as it allows me to use a full bed hard cover tonneau cover.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Driver side.JPG
Views:	178
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	63010   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cutout section re-installed.JPG
Views:	148
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	63011  
Old 09-18-2014, 08:15 AM   #106

Is that a custom cover or did you make those modifications

Old 09-18-2014, 08:15 AM   #107

Quote:
I like the Reese Revolution as it allows me to use a full bed hard cover tonneau cover.
Doesn't the Reese also extend the pivot point 22" over the slider's 18"?

JoeMazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 08:18 AM   #108
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Is that a custom cover or did you make those modifications.
It is an Undercover tonneau that I bought on Craigslist for $70 and I modified it. I have another one just like it that I paid IIRC close to $800 for and just couldn't bring myself to start sawing on it. It now resides under the back porch.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:20 AM   #109

Quote:
It is an Undercover tonneau that I bought on Craigslist for $70 and I modified it. I have another one just like it that I paid IIRC close to $800 for and just couldn't bring myself to start sawing on it. It now resides under the back porch.
I'll give you 100.00 bucks for it and another 100.00 bucks to modify it.Better then 800.00 bucks sitting under your porch rotting away. Just send me a PM.....

Old 09-18-2014, 09:26 AM   #110

Quote:
Are the Reese Revs better then a slider, I am going 5th wheel and I have an F150 with the 5.5 box need either one just not sure which is best and need a rough idea what each costs, thanks in advance for any help

I think you would be better off with the Reese, as far as price look them up on e-trailer. Also they are standard more and more on units. So depending on what your looking for as a 5th wheel with a 5.5 box the Revolution would be better IMO. Compare the cost of the slider to the price of the Revolution. Maybe your dealer will trade, I doubt it through but worth a try. They get better deals then we as the public. If your looking at Rockwood or Flagstaff they are on already. with a F150 you not going to pull anything heavier. The FR line of the above seem to me on this forum with least amount of problems, but I could be called bias by some.

Old 09-18-2014, 09:35 AM   #111

Hey OC.That looks nice.What did you do to be able to put the piece back in and stay.I have a fiberglass cover that I might try that on.DW gave me the stink eye when I showed her and said I could do something like this.
DaveandSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 11:57 AM   #112

I finally lubed my Revolution hitch yesterday after owning the trailer for two years. I bought a 2 1/4" socket and used an extension pipe on the ratchet but couldn't loosen the nut. The local garage was able to loosen the nut with a 3/4" impact wrench. I put wheel bearing grease on the bolt and threaded the nut on by hand. After disconnecting from the truck, I loosened the nut until there was only a 1/4" of thread still in the nut. I then drilled a hole in the end of a 6' - 2x4 and loosely fastened to a hole in the hitch that was used to store the wege. I then brought the 2x4 up against the pin and pulled the hitch side ways, then moved to the other side of the pin and pulled it back the other way. Working it back and forth, I was able to work it down the bolt to the top of the loosened nut. This gave me about 3/4" space to lubricate the top of the bolt and the plastic wear plate. I took the nut off completely and removed the washer and wear plate at the bottom and lubricated. I then reinstalled the nut and torqued to 80 foot pounds and reinstalled the cotter pin. I am now able to move the hitch from side to side by hand, but it does not move real easy. I can now move the hitch under the trailer when parked. By leaving the nut on the bolt a little bit I didn't have to worry about supporting or reinstalling the heavy hitch.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
jacknel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 12:15 PM   #113
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveandSue View Post
Hey OC.That looks nice.What did you do to be able to put the piece back in and stay.I have a fiberglass cover that I might try that on.DW gave me the stink eye when I showed her and said I could do something like this.
Got some 1-1/2" alum strips and pop riveted it to the section I cut out so it over lapped the 2 sides and the front. Secured it at the rear with a pipe and on the bottom with some more strips that over lap the bottom of the sides.
Old 09-25-2014, 02:07 PM   #114

Thanks OC. May be a winter project. Thanks again.
DaveandSue is offline   Reply With Quote