Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2012, 03:07 PM   #21

Wagon52, I use two small pieces of the course side of velcro on edge of door and on side of fridge adjacent to one on door and then twice as long piece of the other half of velco between the two that holds door shut. When at CG I just fold back out of the way till we leave. The Fridge bars when used tightly against drinks in fridge holds all secure.
Sir Veyor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:23 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Veyor View Post
Wagon52, I use two small pieces of the course side of velcro on edge of door and on side of fridge adjacent to one on door and then twice as long piece of the other half of velco between the two that holds door shut. When at CG I just fold back out of the way till we leave. The Fridge bars when used tightly against drinks in fridge holds all secure.

That sounds like a winner! Thanks for the info. Actually it was a dumb question that I should have been able to figure out myself. Sometime we do over think things.....
wagon52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:24 PM   #23

I had same problem told the dealer about it and they installed a quick release strap to the wall in back of fridge and mounts to the same wall on other side of fridge it
kept the door closed but not the beverages from rolling around so I bought some spring loaded fridge bars I stock the fridge and install the bars havent lost a beverage yet.
typical.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:41 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfrye5853 View Post
We had the same thing happen to us on or last campout. We had a few 2 liter bottles of pop in the outside fridge. When I opened the kitchen, they came rolling out. I was thinking about just baby proofing our fridge door with something like this (Amazon.com: Parent Units Fridge Guard, Clear: Baby). But, I do like the idea of the bars also, that way I still have nor surprises when I open the door.
I bought something pretty similar in the baby section at walmart. Door stays shut. This coupled with the spring bars at CW keeps everything secure.
cecilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:25 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagon52 View Post
That sounds like a winner! Thanks for the info. Actually it was a dumb question that I should have been able to figure out myself. Sometime we do over think things.....
No problem. Anything I can do to stop beverage ( adult and otherwise ) hari-kari
Sir Veyor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:39 PM   #26

Went with the Velcro and a few spring loaded curtain rods from Target. Will see how this does on our trip this weekend.
1999 Dodge Durango (Retired TT)
2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Quad Cab 4x4
Old 05-21-2012, 07:19 PM   #27

Home Depot has these Child Proof Latches that stick well, and seem to hold well. Multi-Purpose Appliance Latch-48482 at The Home Depot

2022 Coachmen Leprechaun 319MB
2022 Ford Ranger toad
Fire Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:26 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Instructor
Home Depot has these Child Proof Latches that stick well, and seem to hold well. Multi-Purpose Appliance Latch-48482 at The Home Depot
Thanks! I will check them out. Might look a little nicer than the Velcro.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:13 AM   #29

Since the refer doesn't run while towing, I just load mine after arrival. If I would like a cold one after set-up, I usually just throw a few in the main refer for the trip.
mblanks2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:25 AM   #30
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblanks2
Since the refer doesn't run while towing, I just load mine after arrival. If I would like a cold one after set-up, I usually just throw a few in the main refer for the trip.
We normally drive less than an hour to our local haunts so I'll start mine same time as inside fridge day before and stock it.
So while were traveling and unplugged there still cold when we get there.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 05:32 AM   #31

As soon as I level it up and unhook the truck I get a cold frosty malt beverage from the outside fridge. It helps calm my nerves that I always seem to get when towing, even though I've done it plenty it still gets me edgy. Not sure that's a good thing or not.

On a side note, I put the spring loaded curtain rods in the fridge and the child lock on it and it worked great.