Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-29-2015, 09:19 AM   #1

Removing dinette in 2010 Rockwood 2604

Has anyone removed the dinette in 2010 Rockwood 2604 and replaced with recliners?
Marian Hess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 08:12 PM   #2

We have a Flagstaff 26 RLWS. We have the table and chairs instead of the dinette. But we moved th table to the rear and put recliners where the table was.
It works great for us.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	April 12, 2015 005.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	316.8 KB
ID:	96972   Click image for larger version

Name:	April 12, 2015 001.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	347.8 KB
ID:	96973   Click image for larger version

Name:	April 12, 2015 007.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	264.6 KB
ID:	96974  
74 nights camped in 2016, 121 nights camped in 2015
Cmccul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 02:30 AM   #3

Looks good! Thank you for sharing.
Marian Hess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 04:19 AM   #4

Never saw a table that big, looks nice, looks like the size of a card table. Looks comfortable to sit at. Our table is to small, even with the extension out. First time I used the extension I pushed down on it getting my old bones up and whole table flipped over and pulled those little 1/2" screws out of the pedestal.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 08:01 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Never saw a table that big, looks nice, looks like the size of a card table. Looks comfortable to sit at. Our table is to small, even with the extension out. First time I used the extension I pushed down on it getting my old bones up and whole table flipped over and pulled those little 1/2" screws out of the pedestal.
Glenn I think that is the Same table that we have,it is just turned sideways! Hey is that when you also Feel against your Island and Blamed Our OHIO roads for the Issue! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 09:56 AM   #6

The 2604 is very easy to adapt to different configurations.

I removed the cheap and uncomfortable stock chairs and moved the dinette to the rear windows (better view, and extended the dinette table width so that it can now sleep taller campers). I then moved the sofa forward nearer to the TV and put two portable stacked bunk beds where the sofa was. This increased the potential sleeping capacity to 7-8 persons. And bunk beds offer great storage space when not used for sleeping.

I also added a 23" electric heater fireplace in the cabinet below the TV, where the subwoofer is located and moved the sub to another spot.
2008 Toyota Sequoia 2WD
Big Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 12:38 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Glenn I think that is the Same table that we have,it is just turned sideways! Hey is that when you also Feel against your Island and Blamed Our OHIO roads for the Issue! Youroo!!
No way, It's an illusion to you....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 11:53 AM   #8

Vic, We have also talked about adding a fireplace to our 2604. Did you have to add anything for the electric part of the fireplace, Also where did you purchase you're fireplace at. Would love to see a pic. Thanks
CandyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 03:54 PM   #9
AKA: 'tiredTeacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Vic View Post
The 2604 is very easy to adapt to different configurations.

I removed the cheap and uncomfortable stock chairs and moved the dinette to the rear windows (better view, and extended the dinette table width so that it can now sleep taller campers). I then moved the sofa forward nearer to the TV and put two portable stacked bunk beds where the sofa was. This increased the potential sleeping capacity to 7-8 persons. And bunk beds offer great storage space when not used for sleeping.

I also added a 23" electric heater fireplace in the cabinet below the TV, where the subwoofer is located and moved the sub to another spot.
You know the rule: No pics = never happened.
2010 Tundra 4X4 5.7L V8
2014 Rockwood 2604WS
Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows.
awellis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 10:36 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyLou View Post
Vic, We have also talked about adding a fireplace to our 2604. Did you have to add anything for the electric part of the fireplace, Also where did you purchase you're fireplace at. Would love to see a pic. Thanks
When I removed the door and subwoofer from the right lower cabinet, I found that I could create a space about 23" wide, 22" high and 7" deep (which is how far the closed slide is from the back of the cabinet wall) to insert a fireplace. The width limiting factor on my cabinet was determined by the water lines running on the left side of the cabinet to my water tank and black water holding tank below the cabinet. There are many electric fireplace inserts that will fit in that space. Just google electric fireplace inserts and many online sources are available.

As far as getting power to the unit, I have the option of plugging it into the existing entertainment center receptacle just above the fireplace (which gets 15 amps from the TT's 30amp converter) or I can use the separate dedicated 15 amp receptacle that I installed (connected via an extension cord) which goes from the outside electric box directly to the receptacle. Some people just run an extension cord through the side of their slide.

The advantage of using the latter is you have plenty of amps left through the converter to run other appliances (e.g., microwave, another electric heater, coffee maker, etc.) at the same time as the fireplace.
2008 Toyota Sequoia 2WD
Big Vic is offline   Reply With Quote