Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2018, 01:22 PM   #1

Removing TV from wall mount

Trying to remove TV from the wall mount on our 2506S TT.. What is the secret? It appears to be made to swing out away from wall, but our just rotates a small amount side to side.. No room for my hand to get behind the TV..
clintbonnie73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 01:39 PM   #2

Are you questining how to swing the arm out from wall, or remove the TV from the bracket on the wall? This response is for removing the TV from the bracket. In our 2504S, removing the television from the wall mount just requires you to pull upward. The bracket on the back of the tv (as well as the wall) use a triangular shape with the skinny part at the bottom. When it slides into the bracket, it cant fall out. But in transit, it can really work itsway in there. I cant say with 100% certainty, cuz its possible there is a difference and I dont want to recommend something that will cause damage to your set up, but in my case (a 2015 and then again on a 2018), you just pull straight up. And watch your mouth/chin. When it releases, even when you are expecting it, you can smash your face with the tv. Hope that helps.

Old 08-15-2018, 01:50 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semperfi24 View Post
Are you questining how to swing the arm out from wall, or remove the TV from the bracket on the wall? This response is for removing the TV from the bracket. In our 2504S, removing the television from the wall mount just requires you to pull upward. The bracket on the back of the tv (as well as the wall) use a triangular shape with the skinny part at the bottom. When it slides into the bracket, it cant fall out. But in transit, it can really work itsway in there. I cant say with 100% certainty, cuz its possible there is a difference and I dont want to recommend something that will cause damage to your set up, but in my case (a 2015 and then again on a 2018), you just pull straight up. And watch your mouth/chin. When it releases, even when you are expecting it, you can smash your face with the tv. Hope that helps.
I have pulled upward on it with no luck.. maybe I am not pulling hard enough. Will try again..Does the TV pull away from wall a couple of inches also ? Our just swings side to side slightly..
clintbonnie73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 12:42 AM   #4

Can you peek around the back of the TV? (maybe use a mirror) If so, do you see just the bracket described by Semper24 as"The bracket on the back of the tv (as well as the wall) use a triangular shape with the skinny part at the bottom."

If that's all you see, it's a stationary mount and you have to simply coax the TV Up and Off the wall bracket. They are all usually pretty stubborn, but if you hold the bottom of the TV and wobble it to the left and right while pulling Up ... it should come off.

If, when you look behind the TV, you see more than just the bracket you're probably looking at the arm that allows the TV to swing out. There should be some kind of locking device to keep it in place during travel etc. If you don't find a latch, then it's probably like ours which just has a friction knob that pulls straight Out of a receiver.

In any case, if you want to remove the TV from the wall, I think it would be best to do it in the fully closed position.
Once you have the TV Off, you will, of course, see exactly what kind of mount you have.
john a v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 01:20 AM   #5
Coach

We had a similar issue until we noticed there is a little strap hanging down, possibly visible under the tv. When you pull down on the strap you can pull the tv forward on the swing arm. I believe ours is bolted directly to the swing arm.

2017 Sandpiper 381RBOK
2006 Ram 3500 Cummins Dually
valleyduo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 04:37 AM   #6

Do you have an outside TV mount ?? Any chance that it looks like this? or similar ? Forest River has used several different mounts. If so the inside is the same.

also note the pull down strap on the backside of the TV in the second photo.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PUMAtvmount 001.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	176.4 KB
ID:	183603   Click image for larger version

Name:	PUMAtvmount 006.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	324.1 KB
ID:	183604  

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 08:55 AM   #7
GOODBYE SUIT - HELLO RV!!

Our TV is mounted very close to the ceiling so it has been really difficult to pull it up and off, which was what we were directed to do at the walk through. Amazon sells the bracket we have, so the plan before our upcoming cross country trip is to buy a small Smart TV and attach the mating bracket so we will have a separate TV to use outside when we want to use it. Adds to my "cargo" but much simpler; worth the money to not have to deal with it .
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium California Special Convertible (The Beast)
2006 Ford Mustang 3.0 V6 Convertible (Lil' Blue)
HappyCamper1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 09:02 AM   #8

I have that mount too, if you look closely at the slots you'll see it's got a taper to it which wedges the mate in place. You have to give it a sharp rap on the bottom to break the taper loose
jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 11:13 AM   #9

My earlier post was based on experience over the past 10 years with a 2603 which had a small TV mounted to a fixed "V" type bracket.
Last night I had a look at a video of your trailer and although it was a 2018, it's likely the TV mount is the same as your 2017.
Our new trailer is a 2608, but the TV configuration looks the same as yours. I just went outside and had a closer look at how it's mounted and I suspect this is what you have.
To swing the TV out from the wall, grasp the TV on the right hand side and gently, but firmly Pull forward. This should pop it off the holding knob.
Note, The TV is bolted to the bracket. You will also see that on our trailer, the antennae booster switch (button) is located back here too!!!!
Here are a couple of photos.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-08-18 11.19.16.jpg
Views:	424
Size:	140.7 KB
ID:	183622   Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-08-18 11.20.06.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	131.3 KB
ID:	183623   Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-08-18 11.21.06.jpg