1) Take your time.
2) Take your sense of humor!
3) I start looking for gas/fuel options at about a 1/2 tank so that I can be picky.
4) Truck stops are your friend *especially* if you have a diesel truck. For diesel trucks, the pump etiquette is pull up to the pump, fuel up and then pull forward fully so the next truck can get in behind you while you go inside and pay. Don't dwaddle, but don't rush - the trucker's going to take a while to fill up. When done, move to a truck parking space for the potty, etc.
5) At rest areas, use the truck parking.
6) Rejoice in no longer having to use public restrooms.
7) Take your time.
8) Take your sense of humor.