Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-23-2019, 09:56 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamamax View Post
When you are shopping and looking at prices a few things I have learned over the years.

MSRP is just the dealers way to make you think you are getting a good deal.

The “sale “ price still has room to go lower.

It’s almost RV Show time so unless your in a big rush slow down and wait a month or two until the shows start and then you can get about $2-4K lower prices.

And if you can’t wait DON’T tell the salesman that. If you look and walk away when you ask why if you say “ I think I’ll wait on the RV show price they will come off the price then.

Now for the big piece of advice that will ruffle a few feathers but a lot will agree with.

Do NOT fall for the Camping World trick. They will give you a price $1-2k lower and you think you have a good deal. THEN when the paperwork is done all of a sudden you are about $2000 above expected. Why you ask ? It’s because CE charges anywhere from $1500-2000 for Dealer prep. (They say it’s because it take their tech hours to go over the RV and make sure everything works !! And they charge for batteries even though if you look on the manufacture website batteries are listed as standard ) I walked away once and the cut the prep charge in half. Walked away again and priced the same rig somewhere else and showed them paperwork and the cut it out all together.

Just don’t be afraid to walk away there are a lot of RVs out there.

Better yet, just demand an “Off the lot price” includes all taxes and fees.
Old 12-23-2019, 10:10 PM   #42

Mike Z

Usually we try to buy at 70% of MSRP.
zanoffmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 10:55 PM   #43

Sofa problem

I agree with the comments about the uncomfortable sofa on the 2109S. Ours is a 2017, and the newer ones have a few upgrades, but the sofa doesn't seem much different. We love everything else about the 2109S, though!
Eldereaglewatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 10:59 PM   #44

We are happy with our 2019 2109 S. The sofa and permanent bed were pluses in my view. We don't sleep on the sofa but may take one or two of our young grandchildren on a trip sometime. They should be fine on the sofa.

WE haven't had any use for the table so far. We bought two inexpensive ottomans that double as a makeshift dinner table or a place to elevate your legs. There is a little bit of storage inside them as well

I like the bed ready for use when I'm ready to get in it. The bed seemed pretty comfortable on the lot but fortunately we noticed it is hard as a rock prior to our first trip. We are using a 3" topper on it now. The toilet area is pretty cramped but I think the other models mentioned are similar.

2109 is also nearly a foot shorter in height, has one fewer steps into the coach from the ground and weighs around 500 lbs less than the dinette model.

Ours was also well equipped with tank heaters, electric stabilizers and tongue jack, slide cover and other features mentioned above and one battery. We paid $21,319. at a local dealer South of Birmingham,AL. That is the net price of the trailer prior to taxes. There was one like it, but without the factory upgrades, for $1,000 less at a dealer about 80 miles away.

We tow with a Ford E-350 Chateau Powerstroke and use a Andersen hitch that I purchased separately.

Depends on what aspects of the coach is important to you. We are happy with the 2109 S.
Gene W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 06:32 PM   #45

Offer 35% off MSRP......walk if they don't settle for 30-33% off MSRP
Go after a new year old model (2019) and save a bundle 45-40% off list.
Don't be afraid to walk
This is the best time of year to buy. Dealers are starving for business right now and for about another 6-8 weeks
RET.LEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 11:12 PM   #46
Site Team

Get quotes from RVW and RV One, and use them to shop with local dealers.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 12:37 PM   #47

What Bikendan said ^^^^^

I just purchased/ordred/pick-up a 2020 - 21DS, A.K.A.2104S, 35% off MSRP. Probably more if you find one on the lot. As other say, start at 35 %OFF, walk and only add TAX, TAGs & Title, NO Other DEALER FEEs...
Should_Have is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 09:46 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by charges View Post
I'm in market for a 2020 Rockwood mini lite 2109s and I'm clueless about the pricing on this or any other RV. The only thing I know is don't pay MSRP. I would like to cut a few corners so can someone give me a ball park figure on what I should be paying for one. Going to a dealership is making feel quite vulnerable. I would appreciate any input I can get. Thanks
We have a 2017 2109S that we bought at Albany RV in NY (We live in Maine). We decided that was the configuration we wanted and shopped around. I almost bought one in Indiana but the folks at Albany RV beat that price. In the end, we paid about $16.5K on a $26K MSRP. Drove out and picked it up, had a first class PD (about 2 hours), had them set my hitch and we took it to Lake George to test everything to make sure it worked. 4 Summers later and it is still perfect and we haven't been back to them or any other dealer. We have been to the Canadian Maritimes, Ontario, Quebec, all over NE and just did a road trip down the Skyline drive and Blue Ridge Parkway to Asheville and Gatlinburg. Planning a trip now to the Pacific NW and Olympic NP. I think the overall quality on this model is good (much better than other RVs) and we plan to keep it for many years.

2017 Rockwood 2109s Mini Lite
Campah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
210, 2109s, rockwood