Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2018, 07:12 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 74
Rockwood 2306 Owners. I have a leak

Itís behind the hotwater tank and I canít see it. If I look under the camper towards the very back corner, to the right of the hot water heater if facing it. Underneath that area is leaking.

I took the wood divider off in that back outside compartment but canít see the leak because its on the other side of the hot water tank.

I actually have a Flagstaff 23LB which is the sister to the 2306. I will post in that forum also but the 2306 is more popular so I started here.

I did turn off the city water.
__________________

__________________
2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 23LB
Equalizer 4 PT. WDH 1k/10k
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee V8 4x4
jk70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 07:18 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: indiana
Posts: 617
I don't have your model so I'm not sure of the location of the components, but if your water filter is close, check it. They are notorious for loosening or cracking if water was left in and freezing.
__________________

__________________
Jim and Deb
Many times..asst grandkids
2015 Shamrock 23ikss
2013 Ram 1500
jking46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 07:20 PM   #3
Scoundrel
 
HangDiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Salida, Colorado
Posts: 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk70 View Post
Itís behind the hotwater tank and I canít see it. If I look under the camper towards the very back corner, to the right of the hot water heater if facing it. Underneath that area is leaking.
To be clear, you see water leaking from underneath the camper onto the ground?
__________________
2014 Micro Lite 19fd

Wooden Spoon Survivor
HangDiver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 07:47 PM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by HangDiver View Post
To be clear, you see water leaking from underneath the camper onto the ground?


Yes. Dripping. There is an insulated part (or it seems) that is full of water on the underside of the camper. This is the far back right corner
__________________
2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 23LB
Equalizer 4 PT. WDH 1k/10k
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee V8 4x4
jk70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 07:48 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by jking46 View Post
I don't have your model so I'm not sure of the location of the components, but if your water filter is close, check it. They are notorious for loosening or cracking if water was left in and freezing.


I can see the filter and that doesnít seem to be leaking but I will double check again in the morning
__________________
2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 23LB
Equalizer 4 PT. WDH 1k/10k
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee V8 4x4
jk70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 08:34 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
cavie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Port Charlotte Fl
Posts: 1,783
Does it drip only when the heater is on? Some do drip when heating. Mine does but it runs down the outside.
__________________
2002 27rk Wildcat 5er.
Port Charlotte Fl/Hinsdale Ma
Newley Retired.
cavie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 06:08 AM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
Does it drip only when the heater is on? Some do drip when heating. Mine does but it runs down the outside.


Unfortunately not. In that back corner on the underside, itís like a water bed. I feel like I want to take a knife and slice it open to let the water out. Water has been off over night but there is still water there
__________________
2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 23LB
Equalizer 4 PT. WDH 1k/10k
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee V8 4x4
jk70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 06:17 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 12,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk70 View Post
Yes. Dripping. There is an insulated part (or it seems) that is full of water on the underside of the camper. This is the far back right corner
That is just the "Coroplast Cover" drill a small hole for it to drain! Youroo!!
__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 06:22 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
cavie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Port Charlotte Fl
Posts: 1,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk70 View Post
Unfortunately not. In that back corner on the underside, itís like a water bed. I feel like I want to take a knife and slice it open to let the water out. Water has been off over night but there is still water there
\

you do need to drain it.
__________________
2002 27rk Wildcat 5er.
Port Charlotte Fl/Hinsdale Ma
Newley Retired.
cavie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 07:40 AM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
That is just the "Coroplast Cover" drill a small hole for it to drain! Youroo!!


I think the coroplast cover is the enclosed underbelly part. This is not the area. Itís closer to the edge of the camper. Material is more like a rubber sheet
__________________

__________________
2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 23LB
Equalizer 4 PT. WDH 1k/10k
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee V8 4x4
jk70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2306, leak, rockwood

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:58 PM.