Old 09-17-2010, 03:32 PM   #1
Rockwood 2502

I am a new member but have been reading the forum for about a month.
I am thinking about upgrading to a 2502 and would like input about it.
the good,the bad and the ugly

RWDIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 03:55 PM   #2
Site Team
We love ours. The bathroom is a bit tight but we're not real
large folks and rarely shower in there so not a biggie.
Front bed is 6" shorter than a "normal" queen so if you're tall,
keep that in mind. We're 5' 7" and it's fine.
Ours is an ultralite so we can tow it with our truck with small V8
no problem. Been to Colorado and over the mountains a few
times. Speed limit most of the time, even going up.
We don't have any slides so that helps keep it light.
My wife wishes we had a slide in the eating area.
We both wish we had the table and chairs option rather
than the table with bench seats that makes a bed if needed.
We don't need that and table and chairs would fit us better.
YMMV. The sofa also makes a bed so we could still have
guests or grand kids. (none yet, sigh......)

If we had it to do over, we'd do it again.
A bigger 5th wheel may be in our future when we turn into
snow birds but for now, a month long trip in June was a blast!!

Dan & Rita D
2004 5.3L Silverado 1500 ext. cab 2WD
1999 Suzuki Intruder Motorcycle
Blue Ox WD hitch, AirLift load levelers

Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41,
2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-38
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 11:29 AM   #3
tHANK YOU for the reply
I should have said new 2502 s
I know folks seem to like the 2604ss,but dont want anything over 25 ft
as I plan on keeping 06 f150 for another 4 years
I know it has nothing to do with trailers but my mothers family was from Paducah
RWDIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 05:49 AM   #4
I just purchased a 2015 2502ks mini lite. It has the jack knife couch and kitchen on one slide. It as a 4300lb dry weight and a 6300lb max cap. So you can literally pack it with a ton of stuff. The KS has a front window at the head of the bed, it lets in a lot of light when your shutter is up. It's true the mattress is RV length however, I'm 6'2"-275 lbs, and it's not an issue for me, or my wife. The KS has 2 entry doors, the bed does sort of stick out in to the path of the front door a little but it doesn't really impede entry. I think what sold me on the 2502KS more than anything else was that was a mini but still had a dinette, and a couch. Many of the other models made you choose one or the other. The bathroom for me is a little tight but I can still maneuver pretty good. It says mini lite on the outside so you have to expect som cramped quarters. My head does go up in to the skylight when I stand in the shower but it doesn't touch the top, I can stand all the way up, it is just a snug fit. However it's still functional and I can do what I need to do. You can really take long hot showers in an RV anyway. The toilet, id a little more roomy than the shower, plenty of room for me here, the height is decent and I don't feel like I'm squatting down to go. There is a huge amount of storage in the bathroom cabinets though. The sink is a little small and I bought a taller faucet so I could get my hands under it completely. I also had them add a fantastic fan on the rood in the bathroom. This not only keeps the air fresh in the bathroom it will serve to keep the trailer cooler when your boon docking. It moves a lot of air and draws very few amps. This is another best feature I'm glad I had them add. The radio was also a little tough to figure out, I consider my self a super geek, I had trouble making this thing do what it said it does in the manual. However, after a bit I found out that turning off the bluetooth on my phone fixed the problems...mostly. It has amazing sound, the surround kicks in when you watch movies, the TV is a little smaller than I would like but still adequate. the dinette table is free standing so you can take outside or adjust it if you're a fatty like me. The dinette does convert to a bed. The couch is one of the best features, and one of the worst. It works as is should and it's comfortable to sit in and all. But after a few uses in the bed mode the mounting screws backed out of the wood, they were just chinsey short lag bolts. I had to get out some power tools to drill some holes, and put a 3/8" backer plate, and some large washers underneath to make sure the deck was going to be strong enough to secure the thing to the deck properly. Would it have come loose if my two 95 lb dogs weren't jumping from the bed to the count all the time, I don't know. Hasn't budged since. I have to say that over all I'm tickled with the purchase, and I feel that I bought a quality product, over all I think the only way I could be completely comfortable in an RV would be to spend a lot more money and get a huge bus, or a fifth wheeler. But then that wouldn't be camping to me...hope this helped.
2016 Ford F250 Crew Cab 6.2 L w/Ride Rite Air Leveling System.
2015 Rockwood Mini Lite 2502KS

Ken K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 08:04 PM   #5
We went with the 2503S. It has the Murphy bed. Same size as the others, it just flips up. Couch is under it, so you lose the couch when the bed is down. But what sold us is the HUGE bathroom. My wife likes lots of room in there. Plus it has a large enclosed shower. Anything with a tub is out as she can't get out of it very well. It also has the bigger U-dinette if we ever do need to sleep someone else with us.
1988 Coleman Sequoia - popup (1987-2007)
2012 Roo19 - hybid (2012-2015)

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 09:30 PM   #6
Done with this
Originally Posted by RWDIII View Post
I know it has nothing to do with trailers but my mothers family was from Paducah
Small world.

I'm a little too truthful, I guess.
Y'all have fun in "Fantasy Land".
4mula1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 07:31 PM   #7
Hi, I have the 2014 2502s. We like it but if the 2502ks would of been offered we would of chose that one for the more counter space and room in the kitchen area.
gserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 09:19 PM   #8
We went with the 2503s because of the bathroom size. It would be hard to find another unit with that much room in a 25 ft TT. I'm 6'3" and the shower is plenty big and the room around the toilet is amazing.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Humteddy is offline   Reply With Quote