Old 03-28-2013, 05:04 PM   #1
Rockwood 2604 larger wheels?

Comes stock with 14" wheels and 205r14 tires. Has anyone successfully upgraded to 15" wheels to get more capacity and tire choices?

Big Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:10 PM   #2
I have the 2607, and I looked at upsizing the wheels last year. Didn't think that there was enough clearance between the tires or between the tires and the wheel-well.

Instead of going to the 15" Maxxi's that I wanted to, I ended up purchasing the 14" Kumho's. The Kumho's gave me the load and speed ratings that I was looking for. One season on them, and I really like the ride.

Fire Instructor

2014 RAM 2500 Laramie 4x4 Quad Cab w/Cummins Turbo Diesel, 2009 Rockwood 2607, and 3 'yaks!
300W of Suntech Solar, a Rogue MPT-3024 Controller, and a Xantrex PW2000 Inverter
Fire Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:50 PM   #3
Just because you upgrade the capacity of the tires do not think that you can then carry more weight! The whole frame/structure/axles asms figure into the load capacity of the trl. I have the 2604 too and have learned to deal with the limited load capacity of the trl. Some trls are just that way and there's no getting around it without the possibility of frame/suspension failure. Check your axles if memory serves me my 2604 has 3000lb axles which is why the trl has a 6800GCW limit.

2012 Winnebago "Journey To Insanity" 40U
2008 Dakota Sport 4x4
2004 Subaru Baja - DW's
2006 Honda Shadow Aero - TOAD for now.
F.R.O.G. member
lindy is offline   Reply With Quote