Old 09-07-2010, 02:07 PM   #11

I would like to thank everyone for all the valuable information.
Thank you

Arizona Garry and Bobbi
2011 Rockwood 2604SS
2006 Ford F150 4x4
Arizona Garry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:31 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa-cj5 View Post

One thing that I just found out this past week is that the shower drains into the 38gal. black tank. The gray tank is only for the sinks. So far with 35 days of camping since June this has not been an issue.

Our trailer came in weighing 6129 lbs so we only travel local with a full tank of water
Little off topic, just curious why do they have the shower going into the blk water tank? On our 2603 and our previous rv they both drained into the gray tank. Is this something that all the 2604's have or something being mandated for all rv's? By the way I pull our 2603 which is comparable though a tad shorter with a 2002 F150 Lariat 5.4L with a 6 3/4 bed. Have pulled all over the country with no problems

Old 09-14-2010, 10:00 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissouriCamper View Post
Little off topic, just curious why do they have the shower going into the blk water tank? On our 2603 and our previous rv they both drained into the gray tank. Is this something that all the 2604's have or something being mandated for all rv's? By the way I pull our 2603 which is comparable though a tad shorter with a 2002 F150 Lariat 5.4L with a 6 3/4 bed. Have pulled all over the country with no problems

From what I have read on this issue is that it is a design problem that is peculiar to this model. FR is supposedly working on a new design but for the current ones, watch your black tank levels. You sure don't want it to overflow while taking a shower.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:14 AM   #14

My dealer told me that it is only on the 2604 and it was because of the center bathroom???

I am going to talk with the Rockwood Rep. at the Hershey RV show on Saturday. I hope this will be corrected for future trailers.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:11 PM   #15
49 year camping veteran

Not too happy about this! Sure there's no way to re-direct to the other tank either, or they'd done it.

Between the wife & son, grey-water tank full happens often as teh wife & son still can't take a short shower.
All smaller tanks than the last one.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:52 PM   #16
Arn
Arn

2010 2604SS here. My toilet is the only thing that drains into my black tank. Kitchen & bathroom sinks & shower all go into grey.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:38 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxterra
Not too happy about this! Sure there's no way to re-direct to the other tank either, or they'd done it.

Between the wife & son, grey-water tank full happens often as teh wife & son still can't take a short shower.
All smaller tanks than the last one.
You should contact forest river it can be retrofitted it's not to difficult it was a design flaw but has been corrected
Old 06-04-2011, 09:25 AM   #18

We took delivery of our 2604 in April and love it. We use an equalizer sway bar with no problems at all. MY TV is a Chevy Avalanche rated at 7000lb towing capacity. It pulls just fine. We did a lot of research also. Many of the national parks allow a maximum length of 30 feet, so we decided to stay under that length. We loaded up our trailer with power stabilizers, power jack and so on. It weighed in at 5839 dry weight. I travel with about 10 gallons of water to keep the weight down. We just love the layout of it. Hope this helps with your decision. Also, the shower goes to the grey water tank.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:08 AM   #19

On our 2011Tracer 3000BHS the kitchen sink was the only thing going to the gray tank. The bathroom (shower, sink, and toilet) went to the black tank. This is wrong. We went back to the dealer and they fixed it. The fix from Tracer (Forest River?) was to add another 30 gal gray tank in parallel to the existing one and the bathroom sink and shower go directly to it.

2011 Prime Time Tracer 3000BHS
2007 Ford Expedition
Reese Dual Cam HP Hitch
Nights Camped 2015-5 in TT
DF5.4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:17 PM   #20

We just picked up our 2604 a few weeks ago and drove 3000 miles bringing it home.
We have a 2010 silverado 1500 with tow package and we tried to do as much research as possible before buying. We got a lot of negative advise and some positive on the forums. to make a long story short the truck did just fine but with 50 mph head winds it did have to work hard. Gas milage is, of course, not good.

Tags
2604, rockwood