Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2017, 12:06 PM   #1

Rockwood 2607a Slide "Twisting"

Not long after getting our trailer, I noticed that when the road side slide comes in, it would "Twist" just as it nears completely closed. The major problem with this is, that the dinette that is attached to the slide wall, rips its lag bolts out of the wall.

I felt like the slide was out of adjustment and took it back to the dealer. They have since had it 3 times in the past year for weeks at a time with ZERO improvement. This last time they have had it since January 17th and have no resolution in sight.

I've spoken with the dealer, I've spoke with the Forest River warranty person and now they are telling me that there is nothing they can do about the twist, all they can do is move the dinette and attached it to a "Stud" in the slide out. There are two problems with this, one there aren't any studs in the slideout to my knowledge and 2 we bought this trailer because of the way the dinette and couch were oriented, now they are telling me they want to reverse it.

I'm more venting than anything else but was wonder if anyone else has had similar problems with their Dinette/couch slide twisting and rip things apart.
Old 03-03-2017, 11:45 AM   #2

Well I think this about does it for me, this dealer and the Rockwood brand.

They are now saying the entire floor of the slide needs to be replaced. Which means that either I have the dealer who did really crappy work do it. OR I send it back to the factory and lose the trailer for "8 to 12 weeks".

Great. In the past 14 Months of owning this trailer, it has spent over 13 weeks at the dealer waiting for work, parts or Rockwood to respond.

Tags
rockwood, slide