Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-17-2017, 11:59 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by strider_gts View Post
Who on earth thought 3 or 4 screws would be enough?
Good question. Wonder if FR would care to answer that...
Old 01-17-2017, 12:02 PM   #42

I went out and looked last night. You are talking about the bottom side paneling right? There are a couple pieces of it? It looks like the front piece has about 3-4 screws and the back has about 2.

I'll figure out what kind of screws those are and get a handful of them and screw them in. Hopefully that will help.
strider_gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 12:03 PM   #43

Quote:
Thanks!

Who on earth thought 3 or 4 screws would be enough?

I'll check today.
Because 2 would not hold! Youroo!!
Old 01-17-2017, 03:17 PM   #44

Quote:
I went out and looked last night. You are talking about the bottom side paneling right? There are a couple pieces of it? It looks like the front piece has about 3-4 screws and the back has about 2.

I'll figure out what kind of screws those are and get a handful of them and screw them in. Hopefully that will help.
Yep. Not enough screws for the length. We'll be checking the back panels now...
Old 01-17-2017, 05:53 PM   #45

They are 1 inch metal screws. I went and got 20 of them at the local hardware store and will go put them in tonight. Hopefully I don't hit anything important...
strider_gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 10:56 PM   #46

Steinbaum is still at the dealer. Seems several trim pieces fell off above the wheel wells, and they only just got a shipping document to replace them. I'll just bet they weren't properly secured, either.

Have to say I'm less and less impressed with the overall quality of FR products.
Old 02-24-2017, 01:32 AM   #47

Our 2906ws made it to Vegas finally

Dear Steinbaum,

We bought our 2906ws from Jamatt RV in Poteau, OK. My son picked it up and took it to his place in Nebraska on Dec 23 it arrived in Vegas. We have it parked and plugged in on the side of our house. Only problem after 2500 tow miles is the screen door doesn't latch and stay closed. Fridge seems ok, we keep drinks in it. As soon as we decide on a hitch (I'm pushing for the ProPride3 1400) we will take it to Camping World for a checkup. They're the Rockwood dealer in Vegas. We bought the 2nd year warranty from Rockwood and an extended from Wholesale Warranties w/comprehensive coverage(in case a slideout bolt breaks). Was Rockwood good about fixing the defects under your warranty?

What are you using to tow? We are new to RVing and seniors, we have Ram 2500/ 2015 long box diesel (a big - LONG truck), I have seen trailers flip and tip. I think I'd feel safer with the ProPride.

Thanks so much for sharing with us and writing your posts!

Judy in Vegas
Judygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 06:09 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judygo View Post
Dear Steinbaum,

We bought our 2906ws from Jamatt RV in Poteau, OK. My son picked it up and took it to his place in Nebraska on Dec 23 it arrived in Vegas. We have it parked and plugged in on the side of our house. Only problem after 2500 tow miles is the screen door doesn't latch and stay closed. Fridge seems ok, we keep drinks in it. As soon as we decide on a hitch (I'm pushing for the ProPride3 1400) we will take it to Camping World for a checkup. They're the Rockwood dealer in Vegas. We bought the 2nd year warranty from Rockwood and an extended from Wholesale Warranties w/comprehensive coverage(in case a slideout bolt breaks). Was Rockwood good about fixing the defects under your warranty?
Rockwood has been good about fixing things, although they are very, very slow this time.

What's so annoying is the things needing fixing now should never have been defects in the first place.

Your screen door hinges need to be adjusted. It's a fairly common issue with RV screen doors.

Quote:
What are you using to tow? We are new to RVing and seniors, we have Ram 2500/ 2015 long box diesel (a big - LONG truck), I have seen trailers flip and tip. I think I'd feel safer with the ProPride.

Thanks so much for sharing with us and writing your posts!

Judy in Vegas
We use a 2014 Ford F-350 King Ranch double cab long box diesel. We use an Equal-i-zer weight distribution hitch with sway control, which basically locks the trailer to the truck. It's very tight and heavy, so while we are pleased with it, you may want something involving less muscle.

Welcome to the 2906 gang. Not that many of us yet, but we're growing.
Old 02-25-2017, 11:43 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steinbaum View Post
Steinbaum is still at the dealer. Seems several trim pieces fell off above the wheel wells, and they only just got a shipping document to replace them. I'll just bet they weren't properly secured, either.

Have to say I'm less and less impressed with the overall quality of FR products.
We hav a 2906 WS on order. We are doing a factory tour in a couple of week. It will be interesting to see what is behind those trim pieces. I'm not sure if we add more screws if it hits something solid or just going into the gel coat
Egghead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 10:42 AM   #50

Strider used 1" screws to secure his panels. When we get ours back, we'll add some.
Old 03-04-2017, 09:54 AM   #51

Hello, hope you enjoy your new unit. We picked ours up last year in May from Rv wholesalers. We still are happy with it, very little problems. Any questions, write.

Jim
Augustpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 02:59 PM   #52

Steinbaum came home last week. Everything looks good so far.

The refrigerator issue was simply that it doesn't work so well in temps below 40F. Did not know that, learn something new every day...was never an issue in the Class A, but that fridge is not in a slide-out, either, if that impacts it. I feel better for having had it checked out, considering it's a replacement for the one that was trying to burn up the first couple of months we had it.

Meanwhile, the Alaska trip is off for this year, too. Mom was hurt in a car wreak last August, totaling her car and breaking her kneecap, ankle and two ribs. For a 91-year-old, she's bounced back remarkably, but I've had to live with her since then, first as caregiver, now as chauffeur, until the cataract replacement she also needed was done. Now we'll find out if she can pass the DMV vision test. If yes, all us kids have to decide if getting her another car is a good idea, considering one of her many doctors has already said stop driving because her reflexes aren't good enough. If we do, I'll go home as soon as the car arrives.

If we think another car is a bad idea (or if she flunks the DMV vision test), I'm stuck here until we get her moved to Sister and my general locations and have the clearance auction. No idea if/when this will relieve me of chauffeur duties, so we told our traveling friends to make alternate plans.

They're on the short list for volunteers at parks in Wisconsin and Maine. Just as soon as the Mom situation resolves, we'll pack up the trailer and go up to visit them. By then, I will desperately need a vacation trip...
Old 04-27-2018, 12:24 AM   #53

We traded in the trailer today. We're just not trailer folks, nice as it was. Traded it and our old class A on a diesel pusher.

That trip we've been trying to make the last three years will be with the new rig, leaving next month.

I'm sure someone will snap up the trailer in no time at all and thoroughly enjoy it.

Meanwhile, we'll be signing off this forum. Y'all take care and enjoy your Rockwoods, and keep this thread going for new 2906WS owners.

Bye, y'all.

Steinbaum
Old 04-27-2018, 10:06 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steinbaum View Post
We traded in the trailer today. We're just not trailer folks, nice as it was. Traded it and our old class A on a diesel pusher.

That trip we've been trying to make the last three years will be with the new rig, leaving next month.

I'm sure someone will snap up the trailer in no time at all and thoroughly enjoy it.

Meanwhile, we'll be signing off this forum. Y'all take care and enjoy your Rockwoods, and keep this thread going for new 2906WS owners.

Bye, y'all.

Steinbaum
No need to leave. Lots of SOB's (Some other brand) on the forum.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood