Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-07-2015, 03:28 PM   #1

Rockwood 8280WS

I have what may be a floor problem on my 2010 8280. In the center of the floor about a foot in front of the heater register there is about a 6 inch round "soft" spot. I dont think it's water damage because it is solid all the way around it and it's in the middle of the floor. I remember a post a couple years ago where someone has a similar situation but cant find the post now. Has anyone had a similar situation occour?
gparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 12:00 PM   #2

Yep, I have one in the exact same spot on my 8280. I think it is related to the floor not being properly supported around the floor vent. I discovered mine about a year ago. It hasn't gotten any worse so I'm going with the attitude of the fix may cause more problems than the problem. I've placed some padded matts over it to distribute my weight when I'm around it. So far, so good.
Louisiana before, fulltiming since April 11, 2014
blog--- www.gozatravels.blogspot.com
Darrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 09:09 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply Darrell, thats exactly what i was thinking. I think for now i' will just leave it alone unless it gets worse.
gparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 04:20 PM   #4
Snowsail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell View Post
Yep, I have one in the exact same spot on my 8280. I think it is related to the floor not being properly supported around the floor vent. I discovered mine about a year ago. It hasn't gotten any worse so I'm going with the attitude of the fix may cause more problems than the problem. I've placed some padded matts over it to distribute my weight when I'm around it. So far, so good.
Same here , I dont thing there's anything to worry about

Tags
280, 8280ws, rockwood