Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2012, 01:45 PM   #21
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged Brown View Post
dunnnc: with this setup can you open both grey tank gates to equalize the amounts in the tanks?
I leave the galley tank (rear) open and it does equalize with the center grey water tank. When I dump, I open the black tank and let it empty, then open the grey tank valve and empty the two grey tanks at the same time. While the grey tanks are emptying, I hook a water hose to the black tank flush connection and let it run.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:54 PM   #22

Thanks, that looks like a project for the fall after it cools off again.
RickV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:06 PM   #23
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickV View Post
Thanks, that looks like a project for the fall after it cools off again.
Not if you park the driverside on the north out of the sun.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:50 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by swayze View Post
The extra keys fit your outside shower door???
Keys!!! We got sooo many keys with ours.

Door Key
Slam door keys
Shower door key
A small key with black plastic on the handle that looks like it goes to a safe
and
Another Front Door key, that doesn't fit our trailer.

Oh, and now we have a separate deadbolt key, thanks to an emergency lock-ectomy on Mother's Day.
Wandering Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:34 PM   #25

We recently took delivery of our new 2013 8280WS... so far so good... now we just want to get out and use it, next week!!

We also received three keys. One for the entrance door, one for the 'slam latch' compartment doors and the '751' key for the outside shower. I guess they just buy the outside shower made for any trailer and it comes with that lock.

I have a question for you... have you taken a look at your TV antenna? Ours seems to rest on the hump of the roof, I'm afraid it will ware a hole in the roofing material. Is yours the same?

I started another thread about it but haven't got many replies yet.

Happy camping!!
cachencouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:38 PM   #26

TV antenna wear question

We have been fulltime in our 2011 Rockwood 8280ws for almost one year and I have not detected any wear on the rubber roof where the antenna rests in the travel position. Ours rests in the same position as your new one. This is a good question and is a place I will inspect more often. If you are concerned you might place a wear patch under the contact point. This could be done by getting a repair kit for rubber roofs and following the instructions to glue a wear patch to the roof where the antenna rubs on the existing rubber roof. There may be other ways to remedy this, but this is all I could think of. I hope this helps. Good luck and safe and happy travels. Tom-s
Tom-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:03 PM   #27

TV antenna wear question

Thanks... I was thinking of the same thing. Which brings up another question, I've never had a trailer with an outside colour other than white. Do you know if the material for the roof is the same as the white roof? Should I use the same (or similar with colour added) Dicore lap sealant or is there special stuff I should use on this roof?

thanks again,
Gord
Old 08-10-2012, 04:40 PM   #28
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachencouple View Post
I have a question for you... have you taken a look at your TV antenna? Ours seems to rest on the hump of the roof, I'm afraid it will ware a hole in the roofing material. Is yours the same?
We've had ours for 3 years...no issues of wear where the antenna sits on the roof at that transition.

I believe that the roof material is the same other than pigment added for the color. There should be info in with your warranty package about the roof on maintenance and care.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:25 PM   #29

Good to hear... I can sleep a little easier now... thanks!!
Old 08-11-2012, 07:44 AM   #30

Hello,
Just wanted to let you know, the roof material is TPO, not rubber. There is a difference in what to use for maintenance.
Thanks
Ron
rcnhoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:36 AM   #31

Tpo ??

Humm, OK, thanks... any idea was kind of material I should use on it for sealing ETC?

No leaks yet and I'm sure it's in good condition (because it's new), but what should I use in the future?

Tags
280, 8280ws