Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2011, 06:54 AM   #1

Rockwood 8281SS Furnace Help Needed!!!

Hello all. Need some help. Set up at campground last night and had to fire up furnace. Nothing. When i slide the t-stat above room temp. I hear a little click in the t-stat and in the furnace but the blower does not come on. I verified the gas is on with stove operation and fridge operation while towing. No blown fuses for breakers. This is a 2011 camper. Any ideas? Wife and kids will be here toight and no furnace is not going to be fun. Thank you for any advice!
Brian
4Rasnicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 07:06 AM   #2

Did the dealer turn it on when you picked it up? If not try to turn it on agin,even with purging the other users of propane they somtimes have air in the feed line. Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:23 AM   #3

youroo
We have used the camper saveral times this year. There has never been an issue with the furnace. All other propane devices work as intended. Thanks.
Brian
4Rasnicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:28 AM   #4

stuck relay

t-stat should close the time delay relay in the furnace that will start the blower to develop air flow prior to the propane ignition sequence.
Sounds like the relay may be stuck open.. tap around tne back side of the unit might get it to close..
I had a problem with this relay stuck closed and the blower never turned off..
Also the power for this relay does not go thru the furnace fuse.. mine actually went thru the "REF" fuse. pulling this fuse got my blower to finally stop. look at all your fuses..
4:10 rearend - Roxy the puppy when allowed.
41 Days camped in 2011 and counting.
rbarrieau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 06:15 AM   #5

i have the same unit but a 2011 and i used the heater for the first time and eveything was fine but the second time i got nothing, i could not figure it out so to the dealer it went and it turned out the blower motor burned up
i tell you i have had this cmper for all most a year and one thing after another is failing, now i have a short in the DC power some place and everthing always seem to work fine at the dealer but as soon as its home or at a campsite then the problems start

sorry to vent on your post

dan

2005 Dodge Ram
2011 Rockwood 8281SS
Danimal is offline   Reply With Quote