Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-08-2015, 10:05 PM   #21

Send a message via AIM to B and B
I use the strap to hold the backs of the chairs together and against the back wall.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 03:49 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFD View Post
gljurczyk...how about the strap that holds the recliners and straps into the floor brackets..do you use that? And while on the topic how about the dinette chairs, do you strap those around the dinette table?
I started out doing that with the recliners but then figured it's impossible for them to move. I do strap my chairs at the table area. Even if you strap the recliners in place for travel one arm has to be against the back wall. If I put the recliners back to back I didn't want them to be rubbing all the time. Front to front the cushions only touch.... I still put that piece of pipe insulation over the edge of the end tables both sides incase they start rocking.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 08:27 AM   #23
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Aren't those dinette table chairs a PITA to strap?
I literally have to lay on the floor to do it.

I've thought about screwing the strap to the back side of the center table support to make it easier to strap the chairs but it seems it would just be dangling in the way when parked.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 08:34 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
Aren't those dinette table chairs a PITA to strap?
I literally have to lay on the floor to do it.

I've thought about screwing the strap to the back side of the center table support to make it easier to strap the chairs but it seems it would just be dangling in the way when parked.
I have to do the same thing, but I can't figure out a better way. If someone has one I wish they would post it...

Old 12-09-2015, 12:18 PM   #25

In some of the newer trailers we saw this year when searching for our new 5er.....we noticed they put eyelets in the floor on both sides if the dining chairs and the straps go over the seats and anchor that way. I have thought about doing that as well.
Nights Camped 2023 = 30
Nights Camped 2022 = 40
jtatum65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 10:12 PM   #26

Hey Ed- it's been a few days now. How are you liking your fifth wheeler?
RangeMaggotBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 08:59 AM   #27
WFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
I have to do the same thing, but I can't figure out a better way. If someone has one I wish they would post it...
Every time I strap the dinette chairs around the table, I question as to whether it's really necessary. My guess is the chairs wouldn't move, there really isn't anywhere for them to go.
Old 12-19-2015, 09:13 AM   #28

We stopped strapping this year(3800 mile trip) with zero movement. Our chairs sit on carpet.

2010 F250 5.4L 3.73
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equal-i-zer 4pt 12K

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
EQUALIZER E4 1200/12000
lbrjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 07:44 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdst51 View Post
Hey Ed- it's been a few days now. How are you liking your fifth wheeler?
Love It😀

We went to Asheville for our first trip. Only thing we found not working was the fireplace is not putting any heat out. It has the pretty flames but absolutely no heat. A little water leaked out from the shower but nothing a little caulking won't take care of. The Serta mattress was very comfortable. Used the grill for some steaks, homemade au gratin potatoes to test the oven (love the larger size so that we had no burning issues since we could raise the grill above the flame). I'm not sure how accurate my TST Tire Pressure Monitor system is? It is flagging two tires as low at 44 psi but my tire gauge says there perfect at 47. It still makes me comfortable sine it is at least consistent so I can see if one starts going down or gets too hot.

But if these are the worst problems I can come up with I am feeling pretty blessed.

F250 gasser did well over the mountains. Better on the way back as I get better experience at momentum and controlling the rpm's.

Thanks for asking. I think we will head to Edisto Beach in a couple of weeks

----------------------------
2015 Rockwood 8289WS
2009 Ford F-250
Appalachian Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 07:48 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFD View Post
Every time I strap the dinette chairs around the table, I question as to whether it's really necessary. My guess is the chairs wouldn't move, there really isn't anywhere for them to go.
I did strap mine but I agree they would probably not go anywhere. For a test I put a box of Kleenex on the island counter and a box of microwave popcorn standing up verticals on the front counter. The Kleenex moved a little and the popcorn did fall over but neither fell off the counter I placed them on.

Gljurczyk, thanks for the tip on keeping the recliner arms away from the wall. I put mine both so they have the arm facing out. I strapped them but I agree they couldn't go anywhere.

----------------------------
2015 Rockwood 8289WS
2009 Ford F-250
Appalachian Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 04:12 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appalachian Ed View Post
Love It😀

We went to Asheville for our first trip. Only thing we found not working was the fireplace is not putting any heat out. It has the pretty flames but absolutely no heat. A little water leaked out from the shower but nothing a little caulking won't take care of. The Serta mattress was very comfortable. Used the grill for some steaks, homemade au gratin potatoes to test the oven (love the larger size so that we had no burning issues since we could raise the grill above the flame). I'm not sure how accurate my TST Tire Pressure Monitor system is? It is flagging two tires as low at 44 psi but my tire gauge says there perfect at 47. It still makes me comfortable sine it is at least consistent so I can see if one starts going down or gets too hot.

But if these are the worst problems I can come up with I am feeling pretty blessed.

F250 gasser did well over the mountains. Better on the way back as I get better experience at momentum and controlling the rpm's.

Thanks for asking. I think we will head to Edisto Beach in a couple of weeks
They Claim to be plus or minus 1 to two psi. It could be your gage to. Also you should have those "C" rated tires at 50 PSI, check the sticker for sure....

Old 02-04-2016, 12:08 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appalachian Ed View Post
I have a small issue with my 83289WS I bet many of you have seen and I wonder what you do. The refrigerator has a notch on the inside part of the handle to prop the door very slightly ajar to keep air flowing when not in use. When I used it on my new Rockwood, then closed the slide out, it forced the door closed putting a small mark on the wood front of the refrigerator and jamming the plastic notch into the inside of the door. How do you keep your door propped so it won't get musty inside? The slide out fits so snugly against the center island that it has 0 space to leave the door ajar.

Thanks
What I do with my new 16 after reading you're post is, I close the kitchen slide first. Then I open the fridge door not much room and pop out the little latch and let it hold. It's tight for sure. Then close the tv slide. No problems so far.
duramaxlbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 04:58 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by duramaxlbz View Post
What I do with my new 16 after reading you're post is, I close the kitchen slide first. Then I open the fridge door not much room and pop out the little latch and let it hold. It's tight for sure. Then close the tv slide. No problems so far.
both mine broke, now I slit a piece of pipe insulation over the edge, plus I put another over the edge of the island, I got a good dent from it hitting when we travel that will stop the rub and keep it tight.....

Old 02-06-2016, 05:02 AM   #34

Ours is a '15, but there's enough room to leave the doors ajar with that black "thingamajiggy". Like somebody else said, it's probably the placement of the island. A half an inch could be a big difference. And a 3/4" piece of black pipe insulation with the slit down the middle works great on our recliner handle facing the back wall.

P.S. Ed- is your fridge as loud as ours is? It's so loud I'm thinking of replacing the fan with a computer fan like others on here have done.
RangeMaggotBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 05:25 AM   #35

I used two different gauges to test the air pressure before putting on the sensors on my TST and mine read low by around 3 PSI. No matter as generally all they do is go up when I drive.

if the fireplace is the same as mine there are two controls, one for the lighting effect and one for the actual heat. You need to up the heat control and it will start putting up some nice heat with the blower.

The same guy installed your shower stall as mine...no caulking on the lower track.

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 05:53 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdst51 View Post
Ours is a '15, but there's enough room to leave the doors ajar with that black "thingamajiggy". Like somebody else said, it's probably the placement of the island. A half an inch could be a big difference. And a 3/4" piece of black pipe insulation with the slit down the middle works great on our recliner handle facing the back wall.

P.S. Ed- is your fridge as loud as ours is? It's so loud I'm thinking of replacing the fan with a computer fan like others on here have done.
I replaced the cooling fan on mine to. I also added another to the top area and one to the bottom. That ended my noise problem, plus it increased my cooling, I now have to keep it set on #1. My freezer stays at 17 degrees and refer area 40. I also put one to blow across the coiling coil to circulate the air in the refer, ran the wire through the drain tube for power.

Old 04-12-2016, 06:41 PM   #37
Riverss

2016 8299BS I remove the cabinet door knobs and install the "thingamajigy" and it bearly clears. do you all turn the refrigerator off or leave it on during short time storage IE maybe 2 weeks or so ?
Basenji back seat copilot named Lilly
riverss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator, rockwood