Old 06-03-2011, 12:38 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by trudinator
Camped Memorial Day weekend and everything was great until hubby went to change the speakers and pushed the "A" button on the Genesis unit and the button pushed alllllll the way in.

It wasn't difficult to go from tent camping to this beautiful camper. I did remark at one point that I would never have brought fresh fruit with me when tent camping - the whole "cooler" issue was always a hassle. I didn't spend every waking moment inside, even when it rained on us on Sunday and was 86 and humid on Monday. Got to try the heat and the air conditioning on the same weekend!!! Welcome to Wisconsin!

Did notice that the upholstery on the couch was bunched up on one side on the back cushion, and being the picky person I am, I want it repaired.

So now it's back at the dealer. He's ordering us a new Genesis 3.0 stereo unit and sending the couch out to a local upholstery shop to get the stitching all fixed up. Other than those two minor issues, everything went super!!

We had full water and sewer hookups, but when we go in June for a week, we won't have either. That will take some getting used to....I have a feeling he's going to make me empty the "blue boy."

Does your unit have the Genesis 3.0 unit? I haven't been able to confirm from Bob Fields if this unit is, in fact, a Concertone unit or something else entirely.

I did take a bunch of photos (even set up the tripod!), but I haven't had a chance to download them yet. Tuesday & Wednesday were both golf nights, and last night we had to drop off the camper at our dealer. Maybe tonight.....

Did you camp in yours yet, and did you take any photos??
Wow! I do have the genesis set up! I'll def. Be on the look out for that!! from talking to friends that camp...the speakers and stereo usually leaves something to be desired! But we shall see!!! We did not get to camp in ours yet . When I called the dealer with the problem on the breaks, the owner came to my house and picked it up so they could find the problem fix it and bring it back! Hopefully we have it back soon, since we have our first trip scheduled for next weekend!! I took very few pics, as it wasn't at home for more than 3 days...and I was trying to decide where to put all my junk!! Lol!! It does however fit under our current patio! It clears by 2" at the top! I'll post pics of that when I can! It doesn't let me post pics from my phone!!

Old 06-03-2011, 01:03 PM   #42

here are 2 grainy pics that i took with my phone..(if i did this right...).

Click image for larger version

Name:	camper front.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	6089

Name:	camper side.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	6090

Old 06-04-2011, 10:54 AM   #43

Photos came through!!! So glad you can fit it under your awning. Now I'm going to attempt to add some photos of my own. I put them as attachments, so hopefully this works!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCF0003.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	6102   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0045.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	6103   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0026.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	6104   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0012.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	6105  
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 11:16 AM   #44

Quote:
Photos came through!!! So glad you can fit it under your awning. Now I'm going to attempt to add some photos of my own. I put them as attachments, so hopefully this works!
Looks awesome!!! We are taking ours out this weekend for the first time! Got it back from the dealer last night!! All good!! There was a pinched wire in the braking system! Go figure right?!?
Old 06-04-2011, 09:43 PM   #45

That is VERY cool. Hope you have a great time!!!!!
Old 06-11-2011, 12:38 PM   #46

Tips for this unit

We purchased a set of wireless speakers that we use on the TV in the outside kitchen. These flat panel TV's are notorious for bad sound. You plug the unit into the TV and there are two wireless speakers, one for each of our side tables!! They work great and now we don't have to have the sound on the TV cranked all the way up!! Hubby also installed another outside plug, since there's only one. He was able to tie into the receptacle in the bedroom by going through the hatch on the front storage compartment. Works like a charm!! His next project is making a set of hooks for coats & jackets out of cherry to match the wood inside. He's already made a side table for the couch out of cherry. He also installed a towel bar on the end of the upper cabinet above the sink. MY next mod is to make a pillow/cushion of some sort to put in the vent above the bed - who knew this thing would let SOOOOO much light in? Please share if you've made any mods/time and/or space saving tips.....
Old 06-12-2011, 05:59 PM   #47

Quote:
We purchased a set of wireless speakers that we use on the TV in the outside kitchen. These flat panel TV's are notorious for bad sound. You plug the unit into the TV and there are two wireless speakers, one for each of our side tables!! They work great and now we don't have to have the sound on the TV cranked all the way up!! Hubby also installed another outside plug, since there's only one. He was able to tie into the receptacle in the bedroom by going through the hatch on the front storage compartment. Works like a charm!! His next project is making a set of hooks for coats & jackets out of cherry to match the wood inside. He's already made a side table for the couch out of cherry. He also installed a towel bar on the end of the upper cabinet above the sink. MY next mod is to make a pillow/cushion of some sort to put in the vent above the bed - who knew this thing would let SOOOOO much light in? Please share if you've made any mods/time and/or space saving tips.....
Wow! Where did you find the wireless speakers! That is just awesome!! Sounds like your hubby is a handy guy to have around!!! We just got home from our maiden voyage! Went to a state park here...was absolutely fabulous!! We ended up cooking a huge potato salad (to feed 15) on the outdoor stove and being nuts like I am, I was worried that the pot may be too heavy...I opted to use one of the slidelocks as an extendable leg to support the stove! It worked even better than I imagined it would!! We even got to use the sofa bed for some friends! Another friend that's been camping for a while now, gave us a pillow that fit perfectly in the skylight in the bedroom! Now I just need to figure something out for the windows in there, as it is still way to bright when you open your eyes in the am! My dogs even enjoyed it, now they are both passed out and being utterly lazy! Keep updating on the mods! Love the ideas! We may have to use the extra outlet one!!
Old 06-27-2011, 11:12 AM   #48

Got The speakers at Bed Bath & Beyond, but they were on clearance. Check out Amazon.com.

Our next mod on the TT will be a sheet of aluminum or stainless steel applied to the side of the panty cabinet next to the stove; the paneled wall seemed to get awfully messy after a week of cooking. I'll post photos after we get that done. We had a greet week, in spite of the 3 INCHES of rain during the week. Out of 8 days, it rained on 6 of them-ugh.
Old 07-05-2011, 04:56 PM   #49

Latest little "mod"

We put a door stop (like the one below) on the inside of the outside kitchen door. We had a problem with the outside refrigerator door just slamming all the way open. The door stop stops the door in its place, and if you have to open the door all the way to get the freezer try out, you can just move the door stop up out of the way.

Hubby is also redoing the spice rack outside to include: paper towel holder and a holder for a box of ziploc bags and aluminum foil. He's also making a magazine rack for the wall next to the couch. I'll post photos when they're done.

Noticed a couple of "bubbles," which appears to be delamination of the outside kitchen door. Sent an e-mail to our dealer for his advice. We camped for 8 days and it rained for 5; I'm thinking some water got in the outside kitchen door. I'll keep you posted just in case you have any issues such as this.

Everything else is going great!!! Just got back from another 4-night trip. We've camped 14 nights since May 22nd. We're now using the "geo" method for our black and gray tanks. I'll let you know how that goes.

Hope your summer is going well and you're getting to use your 8293 alot!!

T
Old 07-05-2011, 04:58 PM   #50

Oops!!

Here's a photo of the door stop - cost $1.99!! We got ours in white; you can hardly notice it.

Tags
8293rkss