Old 07-05-2011, 05:27 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by trudinator
We put a door stop (like the one below) on the inside of the outside kitchen door. We had a problem with the outside refrigerator door just slamming all the way open. The door stop stops the door in its place, and if you have to open the door all the way to get the freezer try out, you can just move the door stop up out of the way.

Hubby is also redoing the spice rack outside to include: paper towel holder and a holder for a box of ziploc bags and aluminum foil. He's also making a magazine rack for the wall next to the couch. I'll post photos when they're done.

Noticed a couple of "bubbles," which appears to be delamination of the outside kitchen door. Sent an e-mail to our dealer for his advice. We camped for 8 days and it rained for 5; I'm thinking some water got in the outside kitchen door. I'll keep you posted just in case you have any issues such as this.

Everything else is going great!!! Just got back from another 4-night trip. We've camped 14 nights since May 22nd. We're now using the "geo" method for our black and gray tanks. I'll let you know how that goes.

Hope your summer is going well and you're getting to use your 8293 alot!!

T
Good idea on the door stop!! I noticed that also!! I did buy
a "handle" for the outdoor fridge! It is one of those plastic suction cup handles like you would use in a shower! Works wonderful just wish they came in black...oh well it's only there when we are using it alot!! We haven't been back out since our first trip but will be on the lookout for bubbles! Hopefully your dealer will Take care of that pronto!!!
Please keep me posted!!

We leave Friday for a weekend of family fun! Can not wait!!

And as a newbie...geo? What's that? Lol?

Old 07-07-2011, 12:24 PM   #52

The Geo Method is a system for your black and gray water tanks. It uses Calgon water softener (I use the liquid; couldn't find the powder) and some cheap laundry detergent. See the attachment. There are a lot of people who swear by this system. I don't like how the chemicals were working, and instead of buying a bunch of different brands and comparing them, I thought I'd use this method. So far....so good!! Hope you can see the attachment!
Attached Files
File Type: doc The Geo Method.doc (44.0 KB, 24 views)

trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:55 PM   #53

Quote:
The Geo Method is a system for your black and gray water tanks. It uses Calgon water softener (I use the liquid; couldn't find the powder) and some cheap laundry detergent. See the attachment. There are a lot of people who swear by this system. I don't like how the chemicals were working, and instead of buying a bunch of different brands and comparing them, I thought I'd use this method. So far....so good!! Hope you can see the attachment!
Sorry no attachment! However...took ours out for the second time! Had a wonderful
Time!! So far so good!!! Quick question for you though...my door is really really hard to open and close...not sure why! Will be checking into that this week or so!!! Other than that everything was smooth....just can't wait to go to a park with full hook ups! Lol! Both times we went, it was to state parks!
Old 07-11-2011, 01:58 PM   #54
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oubie Jr View Post
Quick question for you though...my door is really really hard to open and close...not sure why! Will be checking into that this week or so!!!
Do you have a spring loaded door closer at the top of your door?
If so GET IT OFF!

It destroyed my door in 18 months. It actually has so much force it bent the hinges away from the frame until I could not even lock the dead bolt.

I removed the entire thing including the brackets; caulked all the holes and installed an aftermarket door catch at the bottom. Just make sure you buy the METAL one (not the CAMCO plastic job they break too easy - broke in a week) with the 45 degree bend in the arm.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 02:09 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769

Do you have a spring loaded door closer at the top of your door?
If so GET IT OFF!

It destroyed my door in 18 months. It actually has so much force it bent the hinges away from the frame until I could not even lock the dead bolt.

I removed the entire thing including the brackets; caulked all the holes and installed an aftermarket door catch at the bottom. Just make sure you buy the METAL one (not the CAMCO plastic job they break too easy - broke in a week) with the 45 degree bend in the arm.
Nope! No spring loaded door closer! I know I can be kind of goofy sometimes but after looking at it..I keep thinking that the way the strike plate is made that is causing the problem! When I get home tonight I will take pics and post...for some reason the strike plate is about 3/16" away from the frame..it looks pretty weird to me!! When you try to just kinda push the door closed it just bounces back at you!!
Old 07-12-2011, 10:34 AM   #56

Click image for larger version

Name:	STRIKE PLATE 1.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	6780

Name:	STRIKE PLATE 2.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	6781

Name:	DOOR LATCH.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	6782

ok here are pics of what i have ... notice on the door latch, the stripe where it rubs on the strike plate... any suggestions?
Old 07-12-2011, 12:23 PM   #57
Site Team - Lou

I would take a file to that sharp edge on the striker plate and also file the burrs off the striker (and sand it smooth).

All your problems come from that hard sharp edge on the plate digging into the softer aluminum door striker.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:41 AM   #58

Trying to post that article again about the Geo Method.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf The Geo Method.pdf (101.6 KB, 7 views)
Old 07-22-2011, 12:34 PM   #59

Two new additions to our TT. Magazine holder mounted on the wall and a side table. DH is installing a bracket underneath to hold our "blue boy" tank. We leave on 7/29 for a 10-day trip. Can't wait!!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	magazine holder.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	6952   Click image for larger version

Name:	side table.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	6953  
Old 07-22-2011, 12:42 PM   #60

Quote:
Two new additions to our TT. Magazine holder mounted on the wall and a side table. DH is installing a bracket underneath to hold our "blue boy" tank. We leave on 7/29 for a 10-day trip. Can't wait!!!
Super nice!! I think we may invest in a blue boy also! 10 day trip! I can only wish! I am ready for another weekend out!! But I think we'll have to wait a few weeks!! Have a good trip and stay safe!!!

Tags
8293rkss