Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2016, 07:46 PM   #1

Rockwood 8299BS

Looking to see if anyone has purchased one of these, I am looking at alternatives to Primetime Crusaders, and I like this model and 8288 & 8289?

Anything info I can get would be helpful?
Old 04-19-2016, 11:04 PM   #2
Riverss

Wicked1 we bought a 2016 in Feb and have been on one shake down trip and it was a success. I have a short bed Ram 2500 so the sidewinder solved the slider problem with room to spare and i like the way it maneuvers. we love the floor plan and it will allow my DW and hound dawg enough room for extended stays. the large frig is great but be vigilant when closing the slide with the frig door open block installed. the knobs on the island cabinets will bump them we just remove then and reinstall after opening the slide . the doors clear if the open block are not installed. I added an extra battery added and PI EMS. I do wish that the pass through compartment doors were larger or at least one of them. the overall height is a concern and one has to be watchful in areas with tree limbs etc. the china bombs are load range D which is a good thing i installed a TPMS as a safety precaution. I keep the tire pressures @65 and drive at 60.the only problem i has was the RV was winterized and when DE-winterizing i found out that i did not have the wrench to remove the water filter.and the bleach did not do it any good for sure. the filter is located behind the panel in the pass through comp just behind where the water connections are. the pump is there too. weighed my truck and trailer fully loaded with fuel and 1/3 with water holding tanks empty CAT scales steer=3840 drive=5480 trailer 8660 GCVW=17980 so trailer weight is abt 11200. right about right for my truck. hope this helps
Basenji back seat copilot named Lilly
riverss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 07:44 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverss View Post
Wicked1 we bought a 2016 in Feb and have been on one shake down trip and it was a success. I have a short bed Ram 2500 so the sidewinder solved the slider problem with room to spare and i like the way it maneuvers. we love the floor plan and it will allow my DW and hound dawg enough room for extended stays. the large frig is great but be vigilant when closing the slide with the frig door open block installed. the knobs on the island cabinets will bump them we just remove then and reinstall after opening the slide . the doors clear if the open block are not installed. I added an extra battery added and PI EMS. I do wish that the pass through compartment doors were larger or at least one of them. the overall height is a concern and one has to be watchful in areas with tree limbs etc. the china bombs are load range D which is a good thing i installed a TPMS as a safety precaution. I keep the tire pressures @65 and drive at 60.the only problem i has was the RV was winterized and when DE-winterizing i found out that i did not have the wrench to remove the water filter.and the bleach did not do it any good for sure. the filter is located behind the panel in the pass through comp just behind where the water connections are. the pump is there too. weighed my truck and trailer fully loaded with fuel and 1/3 with water holding tanks empty CAT scales steer=3840 drive=5480 trailer 8660 GCVW=17980 so trailer weight is abt 11200. right about right for my truck. hope this helps

Yes useful info, only issue I have is I have to drive about 200 miles to the closest dealer because I will never use Driftwood RV they are horrible. I have a new 2016 F350 SCREW SB 6.7 PowerStroke so should not be an issue for me, also thinking of getting the Anderson 5th wheel hitch. I assume the integrity of the trailer is well made and that is my main concern because too many MFG's take short cuts for the price they charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Tags
rockwood