Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2010, 09:06 AM   #1

rockwood 8313ss floor

I just purchased this used 2007 rockwood 8313ss used. I noticed that the floors all throughout the camper are a bit on the "bouncy" side (not soft or soggy), as in they flex some (like near heater vents).

Also, they and not perfectly even.

The previous owner was a HEAVY guy. I know the flooring is pretty thin (like 3/8 or something), is this fairly common on these campers?
davidl340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:03 AM   #2

my neighbor has an 8315SS for sale and walking through it i noticed the spongy floors. i didn't note where they were specifically but there were some soft spots. i would assume it was from the father and the 2 sons,all over 250 lbs. each.
realebill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:30 PM   #3

Ya, I remember other's mentioning some 'springiness' in the floors, just wanted to confirm if I should investigate further (not sure what that would entail though)
Old 04-14-2010, 12:49 PM   #4

I have a 2009 8313SS that I bought in June 2008. I too am a "big guy" over 300. I have not noted any flexing on the floors while I am walking. I have noticed some bouncing while I am sitting and others are walking across the floor. I have attributed it to the light-weight construction, including thinner wood panels in the floor. It seems that the floor is in good shape.
grandpaofthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:59 PM   #5

Hmm, well mine the floor does flex a little bit, particularly around the heater vents and has some spots that feel not perfectly level. I didn't think it was anything when I looked at it, but now you guys have me wondering.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:30 PM   #6

The metal floor joist on the Rockwood/Flagstaff trailers are farther apart than I'd like.
I recently helped the guy(he's a big guy), who bought my '06 8315SS, reinforce the floor. In the most used area(kitchen), we installed 1/2" plywood under the original floor. We ran 2"X2" joist, front-to-rear, from one steel joist to the other. Made a big difference. The floor is solid now.
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:37 AM   #7

Flexing Floor

I noticed the floor of our new 2010 8314BSS was soft around the heating ducts. We also had a bad squeak around the kitchen heat register. The dealer addressed the squeak while doing some other work. We are taking the unit out for a week in August and will see if they fixed the squeak.
GingersDad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
8313ss, rockwood