Old 06-03-2011, 10:46 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrjet View Post
Same trailer here but with the Flagstaff name. I have found two things:
1) I 'level' the trailer with the slide side a little high. The trailer then levels out correctly when the slide is open.

2) put the slides out first and then lower your stabilizers - this fixed (for me) the exact same problem as you are having
I concur ..... this should solve your problem. I have applied smallish "stick-on" bubble levels on the front of our 8315BSS - one on the slide side and one on the front panel cap, both aproximately even with each other. As long as both of them are initially installed with the trailer "known" level with the slides not extended, you will be able to instantly see the level state fore and aft and side to side when unhitching and setting up. I have found that about 1/2 a bubble or so "high" on the slide side will do the trick after the slides get extended. Finally extend your stabilizers to a "firm" contact with the ground.

...VTX-AL

Old 06-03-2011, 10:53 AM   #12

I have ran into the same problem my trailer. I have the max slide out (largest in it's class) and a warderobe slide out on the street side. I usually use either a Ĺ" board or ĺ" board under the street side tires depending on the site.
One word of advise, don't try to go to high on that side. If your at a FHU site your tanks will drain slower and may not completely empty out. So I don't mind if I'm a little lower on that side.

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2017 Nights Camped - 4
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 12:16 PM   #13

I ran into this issue last weekend. I reset the stabilizers and the issue corrected, found I had placed to much tension on the rear left stabilizer. Took it up and reset, issue gone.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:33 PM   #14

Thanks for all the great replies, I need to fix my e-mail notifications setting.
I will try leveling and extending the slides before dropping the stabilizers IIRC I dropped the stabilizers before extending the slides.

I have the electric stabilizers as pictured in herk7769's post, I don't believe those give me corner control as would 4 independent jacks instead they apply equal pressure left to right, correct me if I'm wrong there.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:09 PM   #15
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolAide View Post
Thanks for all the great replies, I need to fix my e-mail notifications setting.
I will try leveling and extending the slides before dropping the stabilizers IIRC I dropped the stabilizers before extending the slides.

I have the electric stabilizers as pictured in herk7769's post, I don't believe those give me corner control as would 4 independent jacks instead they apply equal pressure left to right, correct me if I'm wrong there.
That is correct. While they go down together, the first one down stops until the second one is on the ground. Then both go down equally. The camper MUST be level BEFORE the stabs are deployed as they will lock in any "unlevelness."

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
8315bss