Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2012, 10:13 PM   #1

Rockwood 8315BSS Questions

Recently took delivery of my trailer and was limited on time during my walk thru because of out of state delivery.

Three quick questions:

1. Where is the water filter housing located?

2. Where is the battery disconnect switch located?

3. Where is the water heater bypass located?

Thanks for your help.

John

johntoye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:21 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

I can't help much since I don't have your model. It may or may not have a water filter. Probably doesn't have a battery disconnect switch. that is found from the factory on motor homes and high-end campers, like the cardinal. The water heater bypass is on the back of the water heater. Usually hidden behind an access panel, sometimes under a cabinet. Find the water heater door on the outside, and then approximate where it would be inside, and start looking. you will need a square head screwdriver bit to remove screws. Lowe's has them, maybe others.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:41 PM   #3

Three quick questions:

Probably near the exterior water hookup. It usually is near the DC water pump.

Nope NO battery disconnect unless you install

It is located between the in and out of the water heater. You may have to look under the sink and feel for the valve.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:22 AM   #4

water filter -to right of bathroom sink bottom of linen closet. need to remove two screws to open compartment.

battery disconnect I think you are talking about is under the refrigerator its a little round chrome button that pulls in and out.
razor1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:05 AM   #5

The water filter is under the linen closet in the bathroom as razor stated. Battery disconnect I don't believe ours came with one, but I will have to check out the chrome pull ring that razor said. As for the water heater bypass that is under the wardrobe closet in the bedroom. As with the water filter door you have to remove two screws to open door. I left the 2 screws out and installed magnetic door catches.
nycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:53 AM   #6

[QUOTE=johntoye;163871]Recently took delivery of my trailer and was limited on time during my walk thru because of out of state delivery.

Three quick questions:

As others have said - under the closet, to the right of the bathroom sink

not installed as a standard item

Under the kitchen sink on the rear of the water heater. you will have to remove a flimsy wooden panel to access it

NOTE: This info is for a 2010 8315BSS - 2012 might be different

...VTX-Al
VTX Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:10 PM   #7

Thanks everyone for your help. I will check the trailer when I go to storage this weekend.

Forest River website and brochure states that the all Windjammer & Signature Ultra Lite trailers come with the battery disconnect switch standard.

Thanks for your help!

John

johntoye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:33 PM   #8

My Signature doesn't have a battery disconnect. I really would like one.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 05:01 PM   #9
Site Team

From reading posts in the last couple of months I got the impression that FR started including a battery disconnect switch on selected units.

Iggy-
Get one installed - its well worth the investment. I have a push/push knob that is worth every penny of the high charge to have it installed by the service department.

Originally I was ok with the free little one but the tech couldn't get the battery box lid to stay on with it installed.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 05:11 PM   #10
Avo Farmer

Thumbs up Me to on the 8315

Quote:
Originally Posted by johntoye View Post
Thanks everyone for your help. I will check the trailer when I go to storage this weekend.

Forest River website and brochure states that the all Windjammer & Signature Ultra Lite trailers come with the battery disconnect switch standard.

Thanks for your help!

John

I'm picking up my 8315 for RVW in Ohio March the 26th. I live in San Diego CA so I'm camping all the way home. Not sure how many changes are in the 2012-13 but I know the 2011 we looked at when makeing our decision that model did have a battery disconnect. Be sure to turn off the batteries when you put the TT in storage...
MikeDett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:52 PM   #11
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeDett View Post
I'm picking up my 8315 for RVW in Ohio March the 26th. I live in San Diego CA so I'm camping all the way home. Not sure how many changes are in the 2012-13 but I know the 2011 we looked at when makeing our decision that model did have a battery disconnect. Be sure to turn off the batteries when you put the TT in storage...
We just leave ours plugged in during storage . I understand some people may not be able to do that . And the question all ways seems to come up . If you should or should not .
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:40 PM   #12

Three quick questions:

Looking at the floorplan I would guess in the bottom of the linen cabinet in the bath. You will need to remove a panel to see it. You should be able to hear the pump when it is running so follow the sound.

A disconnect is standard on the 2012. Look near the front by the battery case or inside near the fuse panel.

Again, it would be behind a panel by the water heater.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:36 AM   #13
Avo Farmer

8315 question

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
We just leave ours plugged in during storage . I understand some people may not be able to do that . And the question all ways seems to come up . If you should or should not .
What is a sno pro and a ski do. LOL LOL I shouldn't do that haveing been raised in Indiana. Your picture of the snow and the ski do bring back many great memories.

Summer is a comming
MikeDett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:43 AM   #14
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeDett View Post
What is a sno pro and a ski do. LOL LOL I shouldn't do that haveing been raised in Indiana. Your picture of the snow and the ski do bring back many great memories.

Summer is a comming

LOVE the winters in the midwest but I am ready for summer ! At the least spring!
I have yet to RIDE in my home state yet and doesn't look good either. But I put have put on 1240 miles in 2 trips to the north woods !
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
8315bss