Old 01-25-2009, 10:23 PM   #1
Rockwood 8315SS and a Bigger LCD TV

We are thinking about buying a Rockwood 8315SS, still in the homework stage so we have not actually walked thru one as of yet. We would like to have a larger LCD TV than the ones that come stock. If I installed a bracket and the TV was extended from the edge of the entertainment cabinet maybe even a little beyond think I could squeeze a 32 inch LCD there without the door bumping into it? Thanks

MWJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 04:22 AM   #2
I up graded mine tv from a 19" to a 32" LCD but had to change the entertainment center. My camper has a different floor plan, it is an 8314ss 2006. You may be able to change it out depending on the type or how the supports are in the wall.

rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 01:29 AM   #3
For anyone interested....we bought the 8315BSS and replaced the tv with a 32 inch...needed a new mounting bracket but the support for the stock tv that came with the trailer was ok weight wise for the 32 inch...very happy with it.
MWJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:26 AM   #4
I am not sure about the 8315BSS....but the 2010 8313SS and several others we looked at now come standard with a 32" Toshiba in the living room. You may want to check with your dealer to see if the 8315SS does as well. This was a change for 2010 models.
2010 Rockwood 8306SS (on order)
2007 Toyota Tundra 5.7L 4x4
AchenarSouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 04:02 PM   #5
FWI, our 2009 8314SS (purchased in Feb 09) came with a 32" Olevia
Chuck (USAF Retired)
2009 Rockwood 8314SS
2006 Dodge Ram, 2500 4x4, 5.9

Days camped in 2009: 6
Days camped in 2010: 4
cwarren78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 06:59 PM   #6
ours also came standard with the 32" Toshiba, bedroom is 20"
2010 Rockwood 8317ss
2007 GMC Yukon XL Denali 6.2L
Prodigy Brake Controller
Wisconsin Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:28 PM   #7
I have a 2009 8315ss.

I understand your question because I have considered getting a larger TV as well. I think the bathroom door should clear the TV. The brochure I have show the bathroom door opening into the bathroom but in my tt it opens into the living area. Another thing to consider is it may easily get bumped into when entering or exiting the tt or bathroom.

If I do replace it I will probably go with a 26". It should fit in the space without any danger of getting hit by the bathroom door and I don't think it would stick out far enough to make entering or exiting the tt or bathroom very difficult.

If you decide to get the 8315ss I believe you will enjoy it. We have the table and chairs that we really like. The extra counter space in the kitchen is nice. Open the cover on the front window along with the shades in the kitchen and you get a great view. Living area is really spacious. The bedroom is small but it works for us. You may consider the 8315bss if you need more room. The grandkids love the air mattress.

The quailty of the tt is pretty good. We have had ours since Feb and have made a half a dozen trips without any major problems. I thought I had a problem with the water pump, it turned out to be the big lump between my shoulders.

Hope you get what your looking for and have a great time camping!

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2016 Nights Camped - 9
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 02:45 PM   #8
We bought a 2009 Rockwood 8306SS and received it in June 2009. It came with a 32" Toshiba LCD TV.

My problem is I would like to remove this TV so we can enjoy it in the house while we're not using the camper. However, there is no room whatsoever to get any more than a few fingers 2 inches around the perimeter of the TV. It fills up the space very tightly.

So, how do I remove this thing? I thought maybe it was just held in place by gravity so I tried grasping the sides of the TV and wiggling while pulling up on it, but it wont seem to budge.

Any ideas?
hayesb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 06:45 PM   #9
From what I remember the bracket that is attach to the wall is kinda like a V- shape metal bracket, the one on the back of the TV is the same but a little smaller so it fits inside of the one on the wall, you should be able to lift the TV straight up, now it may have settle in and you may have to wiggle it as you pull up. Make sure your wiring is disconnected first, once the TV is off of the wall there may not be enought wire to set the TV down to disconnected it. I hope this helps....Good luck.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 06:19 PM   #10
Hayesb2, I also have a 09' 8306SS but mine came with a 32" Olevia (I wish I had the Toshiba) Anyhow, to remove it, look at the top behind the TV and you will see a silver "L" bracket that is screwed into the camper wall and it sort sits on top of TV mounting bracket. You will need to reach your hand back there (or screwdriver) and swivel the silver "L" bracket 180 degrees so the angle is up. You then can lift TV up out of the wall bracket (two people is a plus but not necessary) The wiring and plugs will all be exposed when you lift TV out. You remount it in reverse, just remember to flip the "L" so it sits on TV bracket or you will suddenly remember when you hit that first bump in the road. Hope this helps. Also, do you have the concertone DVD player? If you do, do you have any problems with DVD having poor picture? Hope this helps.

redtang02 is offline   Reply With Quote