Old 11-01-2010, 08:58 PM   #1
Thumbs up Rockwood 8316SS Maiden Voyage

Had a great weekend out and for the most part everything went smoothly.
Was able to ops check all systems, everything worked perfectly, fridge and water heater operated both on gas and electric, A/C and heater both worked great, (needing the heater was a suprise) Stove and oven worked well, tho center burner seems to be a bit hard to light for some reason I cannot figure out, and the oven burner bar, for some reason the flame did not go all the way to the end, all the time, it kind of went back and forth between half to 3/4 to full, I dont even know if this is a problem or not, just something I noticed while sitting on the floor, after lighting pilot, watching it burn.

All lighting, fans, electrical items checked, in fact, I ran every single item in the camper at the same time, on purpose, just to check the load center and to make sure no surges or drags were experienced. Slide worked well with no issues, did not blow any fuses either (tho I have a whole box of spares) Plugged a fan into every single 110V plug inside and outside the TT to check them out.

No plumbing leaks, EXCEPT, the same one that several others with the 2011 Rockwood/Flagstaffs are having, the vacuum breaker on the black tank flusher input line, it is leaking. Thankfully I knew to check it out and soon as water was applied it started leaking. Will be changing that.

The Serta "upgraded" queen is the worst mattress I have ever slept on in my entire life. (mind you, I have spent a night in jail )
Will be changing out that torture table ASAP! Any other 6' 6" tall people out there add some support to the end of the bed frame and slid a piece of ply under mattress and move it aft up against the entertainment center wall? I am thinking of using some sort of pillows on the forward end to take up the space vacated by the mattress going aft. Kids said their mattresses were okay...Phhhtt, stupid kids, what do they know?

Concertone worked very well, the only problem I had was with a 90 degree adapter FR added to the yellow RCA cable so that it would clear the wall behind the TV. If I moved it, the picture would go in and out, I will change it. We watched game 3 of the WS Saturday night, brought the 32" Toshiba that is mounted to the living area side of the entertainment center outside, mounted it on it's pedestal and sat it on a table, attached the coax to the coax plug on the side of the camper and watched a perfect picture outside, under the stars with a bunch of friends. I only wish they had installed RCA connectors outside next to the cable as well, would have been nice if we could have used the outside mounted speakers to hear the game instead of the TV speakers. Only other quirk is that the remote that controls the 32" Toshiba ALSO changed the channels on the 22" Konka TV that is in the master BR and vice versa.....not sure how to address that....

Forgot camera so did not get any pics....

Trailer puller super nice, used an Equal-I-zer 12000/1200, had no issues whatsoever, tracked straight, pulled smooth at 65 MPH, experienced zero sway. Hate to sound cliche-ish but...while I was on the highway, did not know it was back there.....well, as long as I did not look in one of the mirrors.....

Over all, I am super happy with TT, have found no real issues yet, may be too early to tell but so far so good.

More (trips) to come....

RhoZeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:11 PM   #2
Glad to hear things were good always makes for a better trip .As for the mattress try and add a memory foam topper i think you will be much happier that way

2008 8296SS Rockwood Signature Ultralite
2002 Silverado 2500HD extended cab
chevy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:04 AM   #3
Could you tell me where to look for the area where the vacuum breaker can leak? Thanks much.
crocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:05 AM   #4
Originally Posted by crocus View Post
Could you tell me where to look for the area where the vacuum breaker can leak? Thanks much.

I 2nd that one. What should I be looking for?? I used it on the first trip and didn't see anything leaking. But maybe I missed something
spawnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:43 AM   #5
Rhozeta good to hear all went well with your new TT. I know you have been anxiously waiting for sometime now. Cheers!!

I too want to know where the vacuum breaker is. I have used our black tank flusher a few times w/o issue (and very good flow out the sewer discharge hose) but it would be good to know where to spot the problem.

Again, congrats on your new TT.

Oh yeah, what's this about forgetting the camera! No pics? Shame on you!
frankm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 05:22 PM   #6
Yeah, forgot camera! I forgot to put it on the preflight checklist...
The vacuum breaker valve is inside the camper, where your hose hooks up to the flush port. (at least on mine it is) it is supposed to be a safeguard against the possibility of any nasty stuff from your black tank being able to reverse course and traveling into your home/campground/dump station's clean water supply via your hose. Works great until it has a leak... Was just reading where a few others had same issue and somebody said FR had a bad batch or somesuch. I am going to open up cabinet again and I will take pictures.
RhoZeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 05:33 PM   #7
Great to hear all, except the vaccum braker valve, is working for you. I had the same problem on my 8315ss. I think it was the second thing we fixed, first was replacing the dinette table (cracks).

Good luck and enjoy that new tt.

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2016 Nights Camped - 9
grhodes50 is online now   Reply With Quote